LT Power Supply

cgscotto

Hello,
The manual says the LT takes either 9V or 12V DC power, but the information in the forum say 9 or 12V, but does not specify AC or DC. I know other pedals you make can take either AC or DC power. Can the Mastermind LT take either AC or DC, or must it be powered only by DC?

I have a second rack that has an RG-16, which takes either 9V AC or 12 V DC, and I want to phantom power the LT from the RG-16. Currently, the RG-16 is receiving power from CIOKS unit that has an AC output. Unfortunately, the only 12V DC power supply I have available only supplies 400mA, which is not enough to supply both the RG-16 and the LT.

Would your Phantom Power Adapter - DIN7F (one input) work in this situation? I want to connect the LT to phantom power adapter, and then connect the RG-16 to the 5-pin midi input. I am assuming that the adapter will send power to the LT, but also pass midi commands from the LT to the RG-16. Is this correct?

Thanks!

The Mastermind LT is pretty flexible with regard to power requirements. It will take AC or DC, no problem. It does work with our phantom power box, and any other solution that sends phantom power over pins 6 and 7 will also work.

If your Cioks supply's AC output has at least 700mA capacity, it can power both the RG-16 and LT, just run a 7-pin cable from LT to RG-16. Otherwise, you could use the phantom power box and use a different output from the Cioks to power the LT through the box. It'll pass MIDI from LT to RG-16, but will take power from a different source.

Back