Mainstage And Mastermind GT?

Is anyone else on here using their GT as a MIDI controller for Mainstage? I'm having issues with it being a reliable MIDI controller in MS. Sure, it "works", but every once in a while MS will just stop in the middle of a song.

I'm a professional musician, and this cannot happen EVER, even if it is only once in a while.

I've got a brand new MacBook with a ton of memory left on it, it's a SSD (so vibrations are not the issue), I turn off all other programs, wifi, etc etc. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it happens.

In doing some research, Apple makes suggestions that if some of these other factors I've mentioned are not an issue or are already diagnosed properly, it could be as simple as MIDI interface you're using with MS, as it is not an apple product and to check with that manufacturer. So... Here I am asking the question.

Again, it "works" with MS, it's just apparently not 100% reliable. I'd say about one out of every 25 times I play a song, MS just stops playing. Why?? This can't happen EVER. This past Friday the worst possible scenario happened and it happened at a live show rather than at rehearsal for the first time.

Being comparable is one thing. Being 100% reliable is what I need and is largely the reason I invested in a GT, because it was also capable of being used as a MIDI interface for MS.

I'm curious if anyone else is using their GT in a similar manner or if anyone has any suggestions. Apple suggests trying MS without the interface (in my case, the GT) and see if it's still an issue. Here's the issue I have with trying to diagnose that... It happens infrequently enough that I can't test it that way for a month and see if it happens or not. But it happens frequently enough that it's also an issue because it can't ever happen at all!!!!!!!!

Help.

When you say it stops, do you mean the program crashes, or something else? What kind of things did you have going on at the time? Was the GT connected by USB or through a MIDI interface?

It does not crash or anything, whatever song within the set I am playing just stops as if I had stopped it. Sometimes sort of "skipping" for a second or two as if it is struggling to continue, and other times just flat out stopping as if I stopped it myself. Never the same spot, never the same song. No pattern and not all the time.

I never run MS with any other programs running at the same time. I close everything else completely, turn wifi off, Etc.

GT is connected to my MacBook via USB. GT is also connected to my Effects Gizmo via MIDI.

The only other thing plugged into my MacBook (other than the GT) is my audio interface, also via USB.

I haven't had any reports of the same problem. That's a weird one, and it sounds more like an audio issue than a MIDI issue. I recommend removing one device from your system and testing - either remove the audio interface, or unplug the GT and see if you can get the problem to happen.

Back