Making minor tempo tweaks

Our band has a tendency to make last minute tweaks to the tempo when we're playing to click, so I use the tap tempo feature rather than rely on preset tempos in song presets. I've had a few of challenges with this:
1. The tempo display is in quite small text (half the screen height), so its tricky to read. Can it be made bigger?
2. Due to the lag in the display of the tempo, it can be a challenge getting to the exact tempo e.g. settling for 144 when the real tempo is 142.
3. The display shows the button name (Tap tempo) when first hitting the foot switch. This adds to the lag in getting the right tempo.

Is there a way that this can be improved? Just having a potentiometer to make minor adjustments to the tempo would help. I'm sending click to a Strymon Timeline via midi clock, and tap tempo is button 4 on the Mastermind. My current settings are here: https://github.com/slimjim777/rjmmastermindpbc6x

I've been using the PBC 6x for almost a year now and I'm loving it. It's really helped me to get more out of my rig.

You could set up buttons with System / BPM actions that can add or subtract, for example, 1 BPM at a time. If you're not using a 2-button external switch, that would be a good reason to add one.

Thanks - I didn't even realise that that was an option!

I do have a 2-button external switch and I've set it to an IA button with (for the add, or example):
- Action Type: System
- Subtype: BPM
- Off BPM: Add 1
- On BPM: Add 1

The Off and On seemed to be necessary to get it to respond to each foot press.

I was wondering if it would be possible to do something similar with an expression pedal?

And, if the button is not set to momentary, one press turns the button on and the next turns it off. That's why you have to specify Add 1 for both on and off values.

Back