Master Amp Selector switch

Alvi

Greetings friends,

I am wanting to setup a single switch on my MMGT10 that allows me to toggle between output 1 (FRFR) and Output 3 (Aplifier) on my AxeFXIII. I have done this - easy enough. However, I want to know how to make this switch 'the master' - by this I mean, instead of the GT taking the switches' state from the AXE FXIII, I would prefer if the GT told the AxeIII which output to use irrespective of the setting in the preset. I hope this makes sense.

Turn on Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on the button. This makes the GT ignore any state from the Axe-Fx for this button, and the button will send its state to the Axe-Fx every time you change presets.

Thanks for coming back to me. So I have attached an image of the way I have programmed this button. Hopefully this will make it clearer. I want this switch to toggle between out 1&3 reagrdless of the state of the preset (ie, the switch on the GT10 tells the axe fx what the output is regardless of preset settings). So as you have suggested, I have ticked 'Send on Preset Change' and 'Update on Preset Change'. The display itself is a toggle - the black half of the screen highlights the active channel. The display toggles just fine, but does not correspond to the output because output is still reflecting what is saved in the preset.

1672122482400.png

Also, the display for this switch toggles just fine when I hit the button, but given that it is currently taking settings from the Axe fx, its state is not changing realtive to the preset. It just stays where I have left it. I really hope this is clear - Thanks for your help

Are you saying that you want the button to not pay attention to the saved preset state in the Axe-Fx, and not pay attention to the saved preset state in the GT? If so, that complicates things a bit, but I think we can get it to work.

Turn off Update on Preset Change, leaving Send on Preset Change turned on. Add an action to the button that does nothing, for example: System / Macro off:None on:None and drag it to the top of the action list. This should prevent the button from being affected by anything except actual presses on the button.

Hi, Happy new year - sorry for the delayin coming back to you. Correct, I want the Axe Fx to place the output to whatever the setting is on the GT, but all other parameters to come from the AXE FX. I tried what you suggested in your previous recomendation (on 28.12.2022), but I found this does not work. Actually, by doing that I felt like nothing changed at all - Sorry! I must be doing something wrong or must have something set incorrectly elsewhere. Does all of this look correct:
1672810378383.png
1672810395370.png

Ok - finally I got it! For anyone else who might want to set this up the same way I have - the following needs to happen:

On the Devices page, make sure the following is ticked:
1. Send PCs
2. Send PCs on Preset Change
3. Poll State

On the relevant Button Page:
1. Make sure Send on Preset Change is ticked
2. Make sure Update on Preset Change is not ticked
3. Have the following kind of rules applied to the relevant output

1672814394022.png

Thanks RJM team

Back