Mastermind controlling neunaber and chase bliss

J Logan

So I just updated my RJM mastermind based pedalboard with the new disaster area NNB (allows you to change neunaber expanse with midi) and a chase bliss brothers. I made a video that I was intending to be short, 12 minutes later, I was finished. If anyone is curious about using midi to control neunaber and chase bliss types of pedals, check this out.

I installed an NNB and an Expanse Pedal.
Issue I am running into is that the RJM reverses the Presets.

For Example......

Neunaber Effect = RJM Preset PC
4&5 = 1 & 2
3&4 = 3 &4
2&3 = 5 & 6
1&2 = 7 & 8

So, I assumed that Neunaber Effect 1&2 would correspond to PC 1&2 on the RJM. This is not so as it corresponds to PC 7&8 .

Is there a way to fix this?
Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Mike

Do you have other devices defined? If so, do they have different PCs assigned (not the normal 0, 1, 2 sequence?) Your pedal may be listening to the wrong MIDI channel.

No, I removed the two H9's. The NNB is set to Midi Channel 1.
It works and changes with each PC but the NNB Effect numbers tied to PC changes are reversed.

Not a big deal, just have to keep a cheat sheet of the 4 Neunaber Effect PC numbers in relation to what the RJM is sending.
If I figure it our I will post back.

Mike

After dinner, I spent the entire evening trying to get the NNB to work properly, well at least how I believe it should work.

Took a while but I think I figured it out.
The RJM PBC does what it is supposed to do.

However, the NNB needs to be set to the desired color prior to saving the Effect on the Expanse Software. When you cycle between the NNB colors by pushing the selection button, the Expanse software changes the effect number to correspond with the NNB color. A bit convoluted but it finally works.

So, for example, first I set the NNB to WHITE/YELLOW. The Expanse software changes the Effect to whatever number is applicable (automatically). I then select Wet Reverb and press UPDATE EXPANSE. That effect is then saved to the Expanse and corresponds to the White/Yellow channel preset on the NNB.

Then, If I send PC 1 from the PBC, I get the desired Effect saved to the White/Yellow preset.

So convoluted! :)

From the NNB Site:
The NNB functions as a space-saving version of the EXP controller, but it really shines when connected to a master MIDI controller! Send a MIDI program change to select the presets and effects:

Screenshot-2017-04-06-19.52.08.png

So I just updated my RJM mastermind based pedalboard with the new disaster area NNB (allows you to change neunaber expanse with midi) and a chase bliss brothers. I made a video that I was intending to be short, 12 minutes later, I was finished. If anyone is curious about using midi to control neunaber and chase bliss types of pedals, check this out.

Hey there, I have a question on the cabling for this setup. I have the same setup with PBC, Timeline, BigSky and Brothers. The NNB connects to the Expanse via CAT 5. From there, do you go out of the NNB to the Brothers via the Multijack output with the Disaster Area cable, and then from the MIDI IN on the NNB from the MIDI OUT on the BigSky via 5 pin? (Assuming you have them in order of Timeline 1, BigSky 2, and NNB as 3)

I love the video and it showed me something I was hoping was possible.
Any clarification on this would be great!
Thanks!

Back