mastermind gt and kemper- expression pedals?

tomrip

hello all . i just got my kemper. when i bought my mastermind gt 22 it came with 2 rjm expression pedals. i am a total noob, so i am trying to figure out how to set this up. Do i plug 2 cables from 1st pedal to ports 1 and 2 on the back of the mastermind and the second to 3 and four? i want to control wah, filter and volume as well as pitch. any help would be amazing.

I assume those pedals are Mission SP1-RJM. If so, Out 1 of the first pedal goes to Exp Pedal 1. Out 2 of the first pedal goes to Ext Switch 1/2. Out 1 of the second pedal goes to Exp Pedal 2. Out 2 of the second pedal goes to Ext Switch 3/4. Use TRS cables for all connections.

You can set up the pedals to control any of the things that Kemper has made available by MIDI, most notably Wah, Pitch, Volume and Morph. The pedals can have a global setting that you can override and change on any presets you like.

It is trs cables for both ports correct? And in the kemper, would the pedal numbers be the same. So like if the first pedal was port one and two, i could say in the kemper that pedal one is bolume, and pedal 2, is switch that turns on wah?

Yes, TRS cables for both.

The assignment is done on the PBC. CC#1 is Wah, CC#4 is pitch, CC#7 is volume CC#11 is morph. The pedal settings on the Kemper are only for pedals directly connected to the Kemper.

i am sorry, but i am getting no where. i have the two mission sp-1 pedals. i have followed the guide video setting up the mastermind to use with Kemper. i can turn the stomp boxes on and off, change channels on my performance.i have first mission pedal going to 1 and 2 and the second going to 3 and 4. without doing anything, the volume pedal works, and that's about it. i have loaded the MMGTEditor.exe. click on global, under expression pedal it lists volume, pitch, wah. i have that set under expression pedals. is that all i have to do on mastermind gt? i have wah on a preset, and it just goes to auto wah. any idea what else i have to seup or what i am doing wrong.

That should be enough to get the pedal itself, but not the button on the pedal. For that, you'll need to edit Ext Switch 1 (for the first pedal) and set it to control one of the Stomp slots, whichever one has the effect you wish to control. For the second pedal, edit Ext Switch 3 and set it to control another Stomp slot for the second pedal. Ext Switches can be edited on the Globals page, next to Expression pedals.

thank you so much for your help, one more question. What button type would it be? i clicked on edit for ext switch 1, and cant tell what i need to select. also i noticed on global page group expression pedals, do i need to do that and choose 12 34? also lets say i have wah set to stomp d. do i need to do anything on the kemper to let it know i will be controlling the wah with expression pedal, or once get it working, and hit the button it will automatically know?

Actually, the easiest thing to do is go to the Buttons page, right click on an external switch, then select Assign CC / KPA / and the name of the stomp slot you wish to control. But, to answer your question, the button type should be IA.

Expression pedal grouping should be set to None for now. You can use the feature to switch settings so that you can use all four pedals' settings with one or two pedals. I recommend setting things up to work without this feature, then add it in later if you need it.

I'm pretty sure nothing needs to be set up on the Kemper, the CC numbers are hardcoded, so they always do what they're supposed to.

ok, we are almost there. so the tip about going to the buttons page worked. it is a volume pedal. when i hit toe switch, stomp x turns on. this where i have the wah effect. the only issue is, once i hit toe switch, it is still volume pedal, and wah effect is set to auto. once i get this, i think i will fully understand how to set it up.

There currently isn't any way to switch a stomp slot on and off and simultaneously change the function of the expression pedal. Hopefully soon...

I have connected my GT22 to the kemper with 3 Mission SP1-RJM and everything works. However I keep getting messages all the time about midi pedal connected and sometimes when programming a morph it will not accept the morphing changes when this message appear. Nor will the KPA take the commands from the pedals at that moment. Is this a known issue or perhaps " it is the most likely cause" I have done something wrong when programming?

Any suggestions welcome.

I have connected my GT22 to the kemper with 3 Mission SP1-RJM and everything works. However I keep getting messages all the time about midi pedal connected and sometimes when programming a morph it will not accept the morphing changes when this message appear. Nor will the KPA take the commands from the pedals at that moment. Is this a known issue or perhaps " it is the most likely cause" I have done something wrong when programming?

Any suggestions welcome.

What version of Kemper and GT firmware are you running? I'll see if I can reproduce the problem here.

I have the latest versions of both; MMGT 3.4.8 and KPA OS 5.3.1
I am also using the PPA - XLR6F (two inputs) and I have bought some new Midi cables to see if they are causing the problem.

Back