Mastermind GT and Line 6 Helix Rack?

have been touring with the Kemper and mastermind GT and is solid as a Rock. The tour is wanting to switch to line 6 helix across the border so with that, the Kemper will be going away. I am diving into the helix and have added the MMGT16 to it but not seeming to have as easy as a time with the helix as the Kemper was. The sync makes option that was available for Kemper is not available for the Helix. Again I’m super new to helix soya just need some more digging into. But is there a simple solution to getting all of my helix presets onto the RJM without having to go in and program every single patch?

Unfortunately Line 6 never put in any advanced MIDI functionality in the Helix, at least not that I could ever find. There's no support for preset name downloading and that sort of thing, and we can't do anything about it unless Line 6 decides to add that support.

Yes, there is a snapshot CC that can be assigned to IA buttons and any other place you can put an action.

I too just added a Helix Rack to my rig and will be needing some help with the "how do I" stuff. I'll use my Mini Effect Gizmo for the front-of-amp pedal loops and the Helix mostly for delays and reverbs. In the process now of routing the cables in the rack and soldering all of the custom lengths. I have no life.

I noticed the editor under buttons/type there is "get preset names" selecting the Helix or the QC as a device ....has this been implemented now? Hopefully so!

I noticed the editor under buttons/type there is "get preset names" selecting the Helix or the QC as a device ....has this been implemented now? Hopefully so!
Sorry, no. Line 6 and Neural need to support that feature before we can do anything.

I too just added a Helix Rack to my rig and will be needing some help with the "how do I" stuff. I'll use my Mini Effect Gizmo for the front-of-amp pedal loops and the Helix mostly for delays and reverbs. In the process now of routing the cables in the rack and soldering all of the custom lengths. I have no life.
I feel your pain. I spent weeks routing custom cables for my Helix Rack into stereo Marshall heads, 7 cable method. My rig was taking up more of my life than playing. I recently switched to an HX Stomp in the effects loop and using analog pedals on the front end. No more 7 cable, just a single midi cable to my MMGT16 on the stage and that’s it. Life has been restored!

Back