MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 2.1

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Firmware version 2.1 is now available. This is mostly a bug fix release, with a few small features added to the editor.

On the GT itself, the following bugs were fixed:
- Fixed the Copy Preset option
- Fixed numeric parameter editing in GT/10 and GT/16
- Page Menu now displays all pages
- Prevent preset actions from triggering due to a preset change
- Removed redundant editing options for hold functions
- Added ability to edit the "IA Link" setting

In the editor:
- Added the ability to display all of a button's parameters when you hover the mouse pointer over it. This is a quick way to show all of a buttons' actions and other settings
- Added View / System Report option in the menu. This displays all button and device settings in a popup window.
- Added "Copy Preset From" button on the preset page
- Fixed "Read Settings From Device" to make the progress bar more accurate.
- Preset offset is now correctly displayed when editing a preset action
- Hold button groups are now handled correctly

UPDATE 8/29/14, Version 2.1.1:
- Fixes settings load & save

Update Instructions:

1). BACK UP YOUR SETTINGS!!!

2). Download and unzip the firmware file below, then copy it to a USB flash drive. Be sure to select the "Eject" option on your PC to make sure that the drive is in the right state before pulling it from your computer.

3). Power up the GT while holding the two black buttons under the screen. Wait until the "Mastermind GT Bootloader" screen shows up, then plug in the flash drive. It should run the update at that point, which takes less than a minute.

Here are the files:

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT211.zip
Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Masterm ... al-2.0.pdf
Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-2.1.0.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-2.1.0.zip

Hi Ron,
Loaded 2.1 on my GT16. Everything seems to work well.
I went to back up my settings after loading 2.1. Upon naming the file and hitting save,
the display reads "INSERT FLASH DRIVE" and GT locks up. Or, it does not allow the save
to start and freezes. No saving or escaping possible. Need to power down to return to normal operation.
Put 2.0 back in and all was fine.

Hi, Ron

I have some problem after up firmware. When I go to set in RJM MMGT and back to first page. Everything is not working. I must turn off and turn on again, it will working.

I use Mesa Mark V with Mini Amp Gizmo and MM GT.

Example
Preset 1
I use Mark V channel clean, EQ and Reverb on Mini Amp Gizmo will have 3 red light, right? But If I go to set something in MMGT and done. The ligth on Mini Amp Gizmo will have only 1 light on Cannel 1 clean on Mark V. I must turn off MMGT and turn on, it will working normal.

What s happen?

Thank you

First off gotta say again, amazing piece of kit!! has totally transformed my setup and my sound. thank you!

great addition to the editor to display all a buttons parameters when you hover with the mouse. i was wondering if you had de-implemented the return/enter button functionality when inside a button page, you know to have the return button select "Done" so you quickly get back to the main page. a small thing that i thought was there and now is not?

thanks,
Kurt

I have a GT10, I will get a GT22 at some point! Right now I was trying to load firmware 2.1, followed directions as noted but after inserting the RJM flash drive, thanks for including that with the GT10 purchase, nothing happens. The GT10 screen just continues to say insert a flash drive with a valid rjm file. What should I do, thanks for all your hard work.

Does the flash drive have logos on one side or on both sides? We've been having trouble with the latter.

The drive you shipped has logos on both sides of the metal guard. I used several flash drives with no response, could not save settings to flash drive nor load from drives, the GT10 was also unable to read data from the Axe FX XL I just purchased. Should I ship the unit back to you.

Hi there,

great to see this continious improvement!

I have a question about IA buttons grouping: I have two drive blocks and I wanna use either Dr1 or Dr2 OR I wanna have NO drive at all. With grouping I seem to be not able to switch a grouped block off. Or have I overseen something super obvious?

Best,
L.

Back