MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 2.2

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Firmware version 2.2 is now available.

New features on the GT:
- Preset Index parameter on preset buttons - this allows you to change how the GT assigns presets to preset buttons. Previously, the GT would just scan left to right, top to bottom and assign the next available preset to each preset button it finds. Now, it will do that but take the preset index of each button into account. Preset buttons with a lower index will always get a lower preset than ones with a higher index. If you assign index 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 to your preset buttons, the presets will be assigned to the buttons in that order, regardless of where the buttons are located on the GT.
- New button types: Previous Preset lets you switch back to the previously selected preset, setup mode allows you to enter setup mode without using the two little buttons under the screen.
- New action type: IA Mode switches in or out of IA mode. Because it's an action and not a button type, this one can be put on an IA button along with other actions.
- Added preliminary support for Pigtronix Infinity looper
- Added "SendOnPreset" setting to expression pedals (global only) - this makes the expression pedal send its current value every time you switch presets

GT bug fixes:
- (Hopefully) fixed the weirdness in MIDI clock generation. Please let me know if this bug is finally dead!
- Fixed setlist menu operation
- Fixed bad interaction between IA mode and bank selection
- GT now returns to the last preset you were on when exiting setup mode
- And other fixes...

Editor new features:
- Support for the new GT parameters & button types
- Export allows you to save some of your settings instead of the whole thing: just presets, just button pages, etc.

Editor bug fixes:
- Swapping buttons preserves hold and cycle settings
- Fixed automatic preset number on Axe-Fx
- And a bunch of others

Update Instructions:

1). BACK UP YOUR SETTINGS!!!

2). Download and unzip the firmware file below, then copy it to a USB flash drive. Be sure to select the "Eject" option on your PC to make sure that the drive is in the right state before pulling it from your computer.

3). Power up the GT while holding the two black buttons under the screen. Wait until the "Mastermind GT Bootloader" screen shows up, then plug in the flash drive. It should run the update at that point, which takes less than a minute.

Here are the files:

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT220.zip
Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Masterm ... al-2.2.pdf
Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-2.2.0.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-2.2.0.zip

Excellent!

Installed without a problem.

Many thanks for fixing the reported issues so quickly.
And happy with the added features (esp. Previous).

Minor editor issues (existed before 2.2):

1) When I add or edit a "PC" action type for an IA button and press "NONE" next to the PC number, the displayed number is "1". But it's processed/displayed correctly in the left window. Maybe related to the setting "PC Offset = 1"?

2) When I edit the Page/Store button while on Page 2, such as change its name or move the button, the changes will not be written successfully to the GT. I need to switch back to Page 1 and then write the changes.

And one on the hardware:

1) I've configured the GT to recall a global preset when pressing a preset button a 2nd time. When I do that (display says: "Global Preset"), and then press the Preset Menu button, I end up in a screen with no escape. I cannot push a button. Only the "Prev" button is displayed. I have to restart the GT to get back to regular operation. I guess a "Cancel" button in the Preset Menu would suffice to solve this.

HI Ron, I'm trying to update my MMGT22 it's not working. I hold down the 2 black buttons while powering up the GT and it never goes into the MMGT Bootloader screen it just powers up, then shows my Presets page. Do I need to perform a factory reset? I have everything backed up on my Mac(Yosemite).

Do the two buttons work to get you into setup mode? If so, here's something else you could try. It requires some assistance from someone else, or contortionist skills. Power up the GT while holding ALL of the buttons in the top row - four footswitches and the two black buttons. Early GTs will require this with certain footswitches installed.

Yes the 2 buttons work to get onto set-up mode. It's one of the early GT's. You just sent me new switches which I changed and are working perfectly. I'll try that with the help of my Wife :shock: ... Thanks !!

Hi Ron,

don't know if this has anything to do with the update but:
It seems as if in momentary mode it is not longer possible to send individual pcs for button on/off. If have the configuration that I wanna send a certain pc while holding the button and return to another pc when letting it go.
That preset used to work but now I am getting no results anymore. Is there maybe any other setting that might have changed during update that I oversaw?....
Best,
L.

Hi Ron,

problem solved! Weird one though: I keep a lot of different pages (12 exactly) but had in global settings only 2 for max button page. The reason I did this was that page1 is always the most important one. Sometimes I want a song/preset though to start with page5 - but then I wanna go back directly to page1. If I had all sixteen pages to skip through to come back to pg1 that would cost some nerve. Anyway here was the problem. I could start with those settings from page 5 but the function as described above didn't work. Now I allowed 12 max button pages and everything works fine (eventhough it's a little compromise because I need to skip through more pages to come back to pg1)...

Complicated but works!

Yes, pages beyond the max page limit will not work correctly. Soon, I will fix it so that the pages won't display if they won't work. (and vice versa)

You can create a button that goes directly to page 1 by making the button an IA button. Then, add an action that's type System and subtype Page. You can choose which page the button selects when pressed.

Back