MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 3.1 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
We now have firmware 3.1 ready for some beta testing. 3.1 adds a few new features and fixes a bunch of bugs:
  • When set up as a MIDI clock master: If preset tempo is set to 0 (and the song tempo is also set to 0 in song/setlist mode), then the GT will not send MIDI clock for that preset. This is a change from the previous behavior - it used to keep sending the previous preset's tempo when a 0 tempo was encountered.
  • Increased maximum number of groups to 12.
  • Made some changes to increase tap tempo accuracy.
  • The Preset + and - buttons are now capable of advancing through songs. If you press Preset + and you're on the last preset of a song, you will advance to the next song. If you Press Preset - and you're on the first preset of a song, you will move back to the previous song.
  • The IA Store button will now also store any device PC adjustments you've made with the Device PC + and Device PC - buttons.
  • Song Menu now highlights the correct song regardless of which setlist you're using
  • Added preliminary support for Moogerfooger pedals
  • It's now possible to select the global preset when in song and setlist mode
  • Editor now displays external switch names correctly.
  • Editor now displays setlist names in the Set List dropdown menu
  • Editor now remembers its window size and position
  • Fixed display of comments in preset and song names in the editor (comments are any text that follows a vertical bar '|' in a name - they're displayed in the editor, but not in the GT's normal use mode).
  • Fixed an editor bug that made checkboxes unreadable on certain Windows systems
  • Fixed a bug that caused problems when your first preset had a local page and Auto Page Select is active.
  • Fixed a bug in the editor that caused the wrong switch to be activated when clicking an external switch button
  • Fixed Get Preset Names when using the Kemper in Performance Mode
  • Fixed a bug in Instant Bank Switching when switching between two songs that have the same first preset
  • Fixed a bug that involved pressing the Page / IA Store button when in bank select mode
  • Fixed a bug that made external switches not always update correctly
Update Instructions:

1). BACK UP YOUR SETTINGS!!! If you have to go back to 3.0, your GT will factory reset.

2). Download and unzip the firmware file below, then copy it to a USB flash drive. Be sure to select the "Eject" option on your PC to make sure that the drive is in the right state before pulling it from your computer.

3). Power up the GT while holding the two black buttons under the screen. Wait until the "Mastermind GT Bootloader" screen shows up, then plug in the flash drive. It should run the update at that point, which takes less than a minute.

Note: the first time the GT boots up after the update, it will need to convert your settings to 3.1 format. It will take a few minutes to do this, so be patient and let it finish!

Here are the files:

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT31B2.zip
Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Masterm ... al-3.1.pdf
Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-3.1b2.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-3.1b2.zip

If I didn't have a gig tomorrow, I'd give this a spin tonight, but it'll have to wait until the weekend. Excited about the updates - this looks great! Thanks for the early Christmas present :)

Loaded the beta. Installation and converting went fine.

Bug #1 (also occurred in 3.02):
I have a lot of Global buttons defined, with Hold functionality. These work fine in presets without Local pages.
The Global buttons also appear and work nicely in presets with Local pages. But when using a Hold function, the display (lower half) is not updated.
This applies to the Hold functionality in Global buttons only, in presets with Local pages. No issues with the "Normal" functions.

Bug #2 (also occurred in 3.02):
I have Sync Names turned on.
When I change a preset name on the Axe-Fx, the button title changes accordingly, but the title in the main display doesn't.
I have to switch to another preset and back again to update the title in the main display.

Last edited:
Not a bug but a request (if possible):

I'd like to be able to "lock" an IA.
Meaning that it will show its state (depending on the Axe-Fx preset), but pressing the button won't do anything.
Performing as a visual indicator.
For example, this would allow me to see which AMP block is active in the preset, but prevent turning it off accidentally.

Ok, thanks for the bug reports (and request). I will definitely get the bugs fixed soon, and will think about what it would take to implement your request.

Thanks. No other issues encountered yet.

P.S. If someone asks for advice about a carrying bag for the 22: the Mono Kontroller is a great fit.

You say: The IA Store button will now also store any device PC adjustments
Can you give some examples of what can be done that we couldn't do in previous firmware with this new function?
Thanks a lot.

Still haven't forgotten about button colors and variables. Both are difficult to implement, but are still on the to-do list

Lp59: you can set up buttons that select a program on a specific device, then save those changes using a Store button. This lets you select which effect processor presets are selected for each preset without needing to use the editor or the setup menu in the GT.

WARNING! Don't use 3.1 beta 2 if you're on a PC. There's a bug in the editor that mangles settings. It'll be fixed soon. The Mac version is ok.

Thanks. No other issues encountered yet.

P.S. If someone asks for advice about a carrying bag for the 22: the Mono Kontroller is a great fit.

Dear Lord! For $200+, it had better be good! I bet I can get something custom made more cheaply than that.

Still looking for a case for my GT16. There are some 20x26 artist portfolio cases that look like they might be very good for a GT22.

I've fixed a few bugs in the beta and have posted it as a release in another thread. In the final version, I've fixed the following:

- Fixed a bug in the PC editor that caused settings corruption
- Fixed a bug in the editor that caused the wrong button information to show up in the tooltip you get when hovering over a button display in the button edit screen
- Fixed global hold buttons - they didn't always display their state correctly
- Sync Names now updates the main display as well as the preset button displays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back