MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE/EDITOR 5.0.1

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE 3/22/2023: 5.0.1 update now available, details below

I've just uploaded version 5.0. This sounds like a big deal, but it's actually a minor release. I ran out of single digit minor release numbers, so I had to move up to 5.0.0 to keep my numbering scheme intact. Sorry for any disappointment for anyone looking for major improvements!

FEATURES:
  • New device support:
    • Eventide H90
    • Jet Lamb, Lion and Revelation
    • Kernom Ridge
    • Meris LVX
  • Added Wrap Banks setting which, when enabled, allows Bank Up / Bank Down to wrap around from the first bank or song to the last bank or song. (Or vice-versa). Keeping this setting turned off works as it did in the past, where you can't Bank Up past the last bank/song or Bank Down past the first bank/song.
  • Changed how special text is appended to buttons (PC number in Device PC -/+ buttons, effect block types in Kemper, etc.) Now, special text is given priority so that it can't get cut off if your button name is too long.
  • Fixed a bug that caused IA Cycle buttons with CC Momentary actions to malfunction
  • Added some sanity checking and protection code to MIDI bank handling, in the hope that it helps those seeing MIDI bank issues.
CHANGES IN 5.0.1:
  • Fixed the CC list for Eventide H90
  • Fixed default tap tempo CCs for some Strymon pedals
  • Enabled scrolling with up/down arrows in the Mastermind editor song and setlist lists
  • Extra data (device PC info, KPA effect names) is now stripped from button names before transferring to the editor
  • IA Store now stores tempo correctly in the current song or preset based on the current settings
  • Show Tempo no longer interferes with bank selection
  • Fixed some weird interactions between bank selection, alternate presets and page changes
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.7 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the two buttons under the main screen.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGT501.zip

Mac Editor: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-5.0.1.dmg
PC Editor: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-5.0.1.zip

Manual: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.3.pdf

Last edited:
BTW, I found some last minute errors that I quickly fixed and re-uploaded. If you downloaded the firmware and/or editor before I posted this message, I highly recommend you download them again. They're still 5.0.0, but they have some important fixes.

I'm still experiencing the problem with my Prev and Next buttons in the Presets view skipping >1 bank view. I even had Next get stuck on and it started scrolling through the banks.

I suspect my issues are hardware-related though.

I tried the firmware last night & had the same issue with the up & down buttons skipping presets on my axe fx.

Reverted back for the time being.

I'm still experiencing the problem with my Prev and Next buttons in the Presets view skipping >1 bank view. I even had Next get stuck on and it started scrolling through the banks.

I suspect my issues are hardware-related though.
You do have the older switches on that unit. They can get stuck, causing them to repeat. Any GT that's that old will be out of warranty, but replacing switches is pretty easy. You can buy them here:

Mastermind GT Replacement Switch Assembly (mid 2020 or earlier)

I tried the firmware last night & had the same issue with the up & down buttons skipping presets on my axe fx.

Reverted back for the time being.
I couldn't find any other posts from you - can you send me more details about the problem you're seeing? Sending me your settings file would also be very helpful.

A couple of quick notes that may be related to what you're seeing:

- Make sure MIDI Receive Channel is set to None in the GT, or at least have it set to a different channel than all of your other MIDI devices, especially the Axe-Fx. (This feature should only be enabled if you're trying to control the GT from a computer).

- Make sure that MIDI PC Mapping is disabled in the Axe-Fx

I couldn't find any other posts from you - can you send me more details about the problem you're seeing? Sending me your settings file would also be very helpful.

A couple of quick notes that may be related to what you're seeing:

- Make sure MIDI Receive Channel is set to None in the GT, or at least have it set to a different channel than all of your other MIDI devices, especially the Axe-Fx. (This feature should only be enabled if you're trying to control the GT from a computer).

- Make sure that MIDI PC Mapping is disabled in the Axe-Fx
I only recently got my GT16 so new here!

I’ll give it another try tonight & send over the settings file if the above suggestions don’t work!

Downloaded this morning, loaded up to my GT/22 fine. Thanks Ron!

Last edited:
I can't seem to edit button names?
Hmm... are you trying to edit a preset button's name? That's not allowed - preset buttons take their names from the presets that are assigned to the buttons.

If it's not a preset button, let me know, something else must be going on.

It's been a while since new firmware was released. A few bug fixes and a couple of fulfilled requests would be appreciated.

It's been a while since new firmware was released. A few bug fixes and a couple of fulfilled requests would be appreciated.
Sorry, I literally have 10 projects going on simultaneously at the moment (it was 12 projects, but I finished 2 recently). Do you have specific requests I should look at?

Back