Mastermind GT to control Axe FX 2 XL+ and Voicelive 2

JPF

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. This my first post.
I've searched on this forum for an answer but couldn't find it so I thought I would ask myself.

I will be soon the owner of a Axe FX 2 XL+. I'm a singer/guitarist in a band and would love to control my axe FX and my TC helicon voice live 2 with the same controller to avoid the hassle of having 2 separate controllers at my feet. Another benefit would be to put the voice live in my rack with the axe FX.

Would I be able to control both unit with the Mastermind GT 16 ? for instance when I dial a preset on the mastermind that it sends the right CC message to call the preset for the song on the axe fx and on the voice live 2 ? and maybe for some songs be able to switch one or two effects on and off ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, you can definitely do all of that! Each GT preset can call up presets on both the Axe-Fx and Voice Live. You can also assign buttons to turn on individual features like effect blocks, etc.

Thanks a lot for the fast response !! That sounds great. Just stumbled on the video explaining the mastermind GT software and indeed it feels really powerful ! that can fulfill all my needs and be flexible for future upgrades on my side.
The cool features I didn't know about is the fact that I can assign multiple actions and CC command to one button ! That's awesome.
So I guess I can connect the Mastermind GT to the Axe FX 2 XL+ and then use the MIDI Thru of the AXE FX to connect the Voicelive 2, right ?

Using the midi thru on the axe with bidirectional cable, allows you to control all sorts of midi gear down the chain. You can also use the axe to send from the daw via usb, out to external gear via midi. I have also used the usb to the axe, down thru the mmgt (changing a button state), then to the axe and back into the daw. Why? Because ableton mapping doesnt respond to commands sent from within its own tracks, to control stop/start etc.. If you send the command out and then it comes back.. viola.. you can have track stop commands on the track and it stops the daw. For your question tho... yes, yes and yes. You can control gear so many ways it's almost scary. I use the mmgt midi input (since i have bi-directional midi) for my drum ekit, its a dandy midi input right there on the floor anyhow. I can record the noting via daw, pass it down thru the axe midi out to other gear, or have it control the mmgt itself. Mind boggling for sure.

Back