MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE / EDITOR 2.1.4

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
The 2.1 firmware for the Mastermind PBC is now available.

NEW FEATURES:
  • Expansion 12 button groups
  • IA Store now stores the current tempo to the current preset or song as appropriate
  • Fixed a problem with min/max limits on page up/down buttons
  • Bank up/down and preset -/+ buttons how can have min and max limits specified
  • Added "Remote Control" button flag that prevents button from changing state when pressed. Useful for control by computer apps
  • Fix various bugs involving USB to a computer and MIDI clock
  • Fixed a problem with repeating buttons
  • Fixed tempo display
  • Fixed tuner to make sure it displays when its supposed to, and mutes when it's supposed to
  • Device PC -/+ buttons now repeat when held
  • All IAs now send their messages on startup
  • Prevented "Preset 2nd press" from doing anything when you're in bank select

NEW DEVICES SUPPORTED:
  • Moogerfooger pedals

EDITOR-SPECIFIC CHANGES:
  • Editor window now remembers its last position
  • Clicking or double clicking on the PBC's main display no longer does anything (it's not supposed to)
  • Fixed a bug that made checkboxes invisible on some systems
UPDATE 2/9/2016:
Version 2.1.1 fixes an issue with repeating buttons that have hold functions assigned. And, it fixes a settings import problem in the PC version of the editor. The Mac editor remains at version 2.1.0 because it didn't need any changes, and it's fully compatible with firmware 2.1.1.

UPDATE 2/15/2016:
Version 2.1.2 fixes the following:
  • Got auto names and sync names working correctly on Kemper
  • Find an issue where Kemper IAs did not always sync correctly
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Dev PC -/+ buttons from working correctly on the last button page
  • Fixed a bug that affected preset buttons in bank selection mode
  • Fixed factory default for Mute button so that selecting a preset will correctly turn off audio mute, mute button LED and tuner screen
  • Editor: fixed two bugs that caused IA buttons' states to get messed up on the preset screen
  • Editor: Added support for auto names on Kemper
UPDATE 5/4/2016:
Version 2.1.3 fixes the following:
  • MIDI Clock master mode have been causing problems with the USB MIDI interface, breaking settings transfer in some cases. Tracking the source of this down has proved to be pretty challenging. For now, I have disabled MIDI clock output through the USB port. It will still send MIDI clock through the main MIDI output in master mode, and will still receive clock through the USB port in slave mode. if this change causes a problem for anyone, please let me know. I will revisit this problem to fix it for good, but how quickly I get to it depends on whether people are inconvenienced by the change.
  • Fixed a bug that made settings transfer not work when receiving MIDI clock in MIDI slave mode.
  • Fixed CC definitions for Y-Not
  • Fixed number of PCs and banks for Boss DD-500 (they were reversed)
  • Editor: Fixed drag and drop between external and internal buttons
  • Editor: Fixed bugs in external switch editing
UPDATE 5/6/2016:
Version 2.1.4 fixes the following:
  • Fixed external switch state handling - was not being recalled correctly when switching presets
  • Exiting setup mode now returns you to the bank you were previously on before entering setup mode.
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 2.0, your PBC will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind PBC while holding the 1 and 3 buttons.
- Keep holding until you see "PBC Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your Mastermind PBC. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC214.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/PBCEditor-2.1.3.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/PBCEditor-2.1.3.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/PBC Manual-2.1.pdf

Last edited:
Looks good, but On the pc -/+ device preset hold function, it works well but I lost functionality on a button that used to be normal to pc+ and hold pc-. Now hold scrolls, can an option be added to enable/disable the hold to scroll function?

was gonna try the pc-/+ min max limits but I only see those on bank buttons not device pc+/-, is it somewhere else?

Looks good, but On the pc -/+ device preset hold function, it works well but I lost functionality on a button that used to be normal to pc+ and hold pc-. Now hold scrolls, can an option be added to enable/disable the hold to scroll function?
That's interesting, when i set a Button Type to "Device PC+ or -" and Set Button Mode to "Hold"
then assign the hold to turn on/off it's corresponding Audio Loop it works and the Device PC+ or - no longer scrolls.
I did confirm that adding a PC - to a hold function did not work.

was gonna try the pc-/+ min max limits but I only see those on bank buttons not device pc+/-, is it somewhere else?

The Device PC-/PC+ buttons don't have limits, only preset -/+ (GT preset, not device PC), bank up/down and page up/down. The Device PC-/+ buttons are only limited by the max bank and max PC in each device's settings.

I'll look into a solution where putting a hold function on a button disables button repeat in the normal function.

EDIT: Fixed in 2.1.1

Last edited:
Adjusting Tap Tempo within a song works beautifully!!
It is also very cool the tap tempo per song can be saved as well.
Also the added ability to scroll through my 99 H9 presets and 60 E2 presets is so much easier, and then to be able to save them on the spot without going into deep editing is frigin genius!
Great Job Ron, what an absolutely amazing product you have created and it keeps getting better and better,
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
You are the Man.

In the editor I noticed when you now right click "Copy From Page" or "Copy To Page" it does not always work, actually I can't get it to work at all this morning.
Also Swap, Copy from Preset and Assign Defaults don't work, but maybe these are only there for the Mastermind GT.

Funny I actually liked double clicking the window cause I knew I was not clicking a button.

I just released 2.1.1 which fixes settings import on the PC, and fixes the issue with repeating buttons that have hold functions.

In the editor I noticed when you now right click "Copy From Page" or "Copy To Page" it does not always work, actually I can't get it to work at all this morning.
Also Swap, Copy from Preset and Assign Defaults don't work, but maybe these are only there for the Mastermind GT.

Funny I actually liked double clicking the window cause I knew I was not clicking a button.

I will look into that. I've seen it happen, but every time I try to chase it down it seems to go away. Assign Defaults shouldn't be there at all (you're right, a leftover menu item from the GT editor), but all the other problems are probably related and fixing one should fix the others.

One small gripe about the tuner:

I have a dedicated off and on color for the mute/tuner function (super helpful on dark stages), and if I bank up or down while the tuner/mute is active (whic is pretty much all the time, seeing that one usually tunes in between songs), the mute remains active, but the tuner is no longer displayed. The LED color also still acts as if the mute were still engaged. If I want to change that and press the mute button again, it remains muted, the LED color still reflects this, but the tuner display is now active again. It requires a second press to turn everything off again.

One small gripe about the tuner:

I have a dedicated off and on color for the mute/tuner function (super helpful on dark stages), and if I bank up or down while the tuner/mute is active (whic is pretty much all the time, seeing that one usually tunes in between songs), the mute remains active, but the tuner is no longer displayed. The LED color also still acts as if the mute were still engaged. If I want to change that and press the mute button again, it remains muted, the LED color still reflects this, but the tuner display is now active again. It requires a second press to turn everything off again.

Turn on "Update on Preset Change" on the mute button. This will make it turn itself off every time you change presets. In the next release, I'll change the factory defaults so that Update on Preset Change is turned on after a factory reset.

Just updated to 2.1.2 and now the Bank Up function directs the unit to the "Loops" page.

Also, I had to reset the Loops and Switches buttons as they began requiring 2 presses for the unit to change pages. I reset the switches to momentary and it's working now.

Btw, I'm running the windows version editor.

Back