Mastermind PBC Firmware/Editor 4.8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Firmware and editor 4.8.0 are now available.

Now updated to 4.8.1, see below...

FEATURES:
  • New device support:
    • Ampete switchers
    • Boss RE-202
    • Eventide Blackhole, Micropitch, Tricerachorus, Ultratap
    • Jackson Optimist
    • Line 6 DM4 II
    • Morningstar ML5
    • Neunaber Illumine
    • Synergy Syn2
    • Walrus M1
  • Fixed Mini Effect Gizmo X CC list
  • Fixed IA Cycle synchronization in remote mode
  • Fixed a bug that cause Auto Tap to trigger when switching to BPM=off
  • Added Off Color for presets, so that you can now specify an on color and a off color to be displayed on the preset's button
  • Added System / Setlist special value Reload, which brings you to the first song, first preset in the current setlist
  • Axe-Fx III/FM3/FM9 now disable looper buttons when there's no looper available in the current preset
  • Added "Show Preset Number" parameter, which allows you to switch of display of preset number in the main display
  • Editor: fixed weird behavior at the end of the song and setlist lists
Updates in 4.8.1:
  • Fixed the missing Illumine pedal data
  • Fixed firmware update bug in 4.8.0 editor
  • Fixed version number displayed in editor when converting older settings
  • Fixed Set IA action "prev" and "next" special values
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.7 or earlier, your Mastermind will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind while holding the 1 and 3 buttons.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your Mastermind. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

-OR-

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.7 or earlier, your Mastermind will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Use the Transfer / Update Firmware menu option to update the Mastermind. This works with the PBC/6X and PBC/10s made after March 2019.

Firmware: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MM481.zip

Mac Editor: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MastermindEditor-4.8.1.dmg
PC Editor: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MastermindEditor-4.8.1.zip

PBC/6X Manual: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC6X/PBC6X Manual-4.3.pdf
PBC/10 Manual: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/PBC Manual-4.2.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks for the Update
I'm not totally sure of what the "Show Preset Number" parameter does? I tried checking and unchecking but I see no difference ... (maybe cause I have the Page name displayed?) BTW I forgot if I can disable page name display and how ...

Thanks for the Update
I'm not totally sure of what the "Show Preset Number" parameter does? I tried checking and unchecking but I see no difference ... (maybe cause I have the Page name displayed?) BTW I forgot if I can disable page name display and how ...
Turning that off tells the system to not display the preset number in the main display. However, a number of other things can make the preset number not display - if you have page names, or are using setlists, for example. As such, this setting only has an effect in normal bank & preset mode, with no page names.

I probably should have made it more clear, and probably should have inverted it so that it's a "Don't show preset number" setting.

The only way to get page names to not display is to delete your page names. The way we have it set up by default is that the first page has no page name, so that you only see the preset name (and number), but subsequent pages have page names so you see them on screen and know that you're on the Loops page, Switches page, etc.

Turning that off tells the system to not display the preset number in the main display. However, a number of other things can make the preset number not display - if you have page names, or are using setlists, for example. As such, this setting only has an effect in normal bank & preset mode, with no page names.

I probably should have made it more clear, and probably should have inverted it so that it's a "Don't show preset number" setting.

The only way to get page names to not display is to delete your page names. The way we have it set up by default is that the first page has no page name, so that you only see the preset name (and number), but subsequent pages have page names so you see them on screen and know that you're on the Loops page, Switches page, etc.
Thanks for clarifying that . I think I got it

Anyone having difficulty updating? I'm getting a constant timeout error no matter what I do -- changing USB cables, connecting directly to another computer, restarting mastermind, restarting computer, etc. PBC 6X; any ideas?

Anyone having difficulty updating? I'm getting a constant timeout error no matter what I do -- changing USB cables, connecting directly to another computer, restarting mastermind, restarting computer, etc. PBC 6X; any ideas?
Try using the 4.7 editor to upgrade the device to 4.8, then update the editor - see if that works any better.

Now for the Reload function; when I use that (in song / preset mode) it jumps to...something, but it's just a random preset with a number instead of the first song in my setlist. Any thoughts there?

Now for the Reload function; when I use that (in song / preset mode) it jumps to...something, but it's just a random preset with a number instead of the first song in my setlist. Any thoughts there?
That's odd... if you can send me your settings file, I'll try it here.

Thanks for adding the Illumine and preset off color!! I´ll have to think of something new now :)

/Truls

You have the button set to momentary (which is good), but the Off value is set to None, which means that when you release the button, it exits setlist mode. Set the Off value to Same to remain in setlist mode.
Totally makes sense. Thanks as always!

Hello Ron, I'm on a Mac, Monterey 12.3.1, trying to update a PBC 6X. Every time I try to open the Firmware file, I keep getting a "Error validating file: File block too long" message. I successfully loaded the newest Editor version - I have a PBC 10 board too, so had to download the newest editor and will run it separately, the PBC 10 is on 4.7 and I don't have time or access to it to update it right now. I can find the 4.8 firmware .rjf file in my downloads, load it into the editor, but it gets stuck in the Bootloader part on the PBC 6X and times out. So I'm assuming the .rjf file isn't unzipped, since I get the above error message every time I try to open the .rjf file.
PBC 6X current firmware is 4.3.2. Interestingly, when I try to transfer the data/settings from the editor, I get a message that the Mastermind's firmware is too new for the editor...hmmm.
I did a quick internet search and don't find any help.
Help please! Thank you in advance!

Hello Ron, I'm on a Mac, Monterey 12.3.1, trying to update a PBC 6X. Every time I try to open the Firmware file, I keep getting a "Error validating file: File block too long" message. I successfully loaded the newest Editor version - I have a PBC 10 board too, so had to download the newest editor and will run it separately, the PBC 10 is on 4.7 and I don't have time or access to it to update it right now. I can find the 4.8 firmware .rjf file in my downloads, load it into the editor, but it gets stuck in the Bootloader part on the PBC 6X and times out. So I'm assuming the .rjf file isn't unzipped, since I get the above error message every time I try to open the .rjf file.
PBC 6X current firmware is 4.3.2. Interestingly, when I try to transfer the data/settings from the editor, I get a message that the Mastermind's firmware is too new for the editor...hmmm.
I did a quick internet search and don't find any help.
Help please! Thank you in advance!
Give firmware and editor 4.8.1 a try, I just posted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back