Mastermind PBC / Kemper Performance Mode

Tyler Miller

Hi all,

So I’m in a little bit of a predicament. I am running the below pedalboard into the KPA and utilizing the stereo FX loop. I’ve had this setup for about a week and have very few hours on the PBC or the editor software so far, so that doesn’t help. All of my FX come from my board, the KPA is only utilized as an amp. I have amps setup in performance slots, in various performances for whatever show I am doing.

My goal with this setup is not only to utilize the pedalboard and PBC in song/set list mode but to also be able to control the KPA’s performance mode with a dedicated page within the PBC. Then, I want to be able to use the PBC in song/set list mode to control all of my effects within a song AND simultaneously switch to the appropriate performance slot on the Kemper.

The KPA is recognized as MIDI channel 4 on both the KPA and PBC and connected to one another via 2 midi cables (In and Out). So far, I have been completely unsuccessful in my quest to have the Kemper respond to anything the PBC sends it. If anything, it freaks out, freezes, then shuts down. Works just fine when midi cables aren’t connected. I have not tried using the Kemper with midi prior to this weekend.

Please see below pictures of my setup and current PBC programming and settings. I haven’t programmed any songs or presets into the PBC until I get everything talking to each other. What do I need to change? Is there anything else required on the Kemper?

Thank you,

Tyler

DE3C5CC7-710B-4223-95BF-864B02169986.jpeg71E25EF1-6D91-44AD-BFE8-BC92FD0325D9.jpeg0414FFC4-6A1E-4CC4-B25C-B2031E6AECC6.jpeg6A3A1713-E1A7-4257-ACCA-1327E9BF3DC7.jpeg0D33FE43-72E8-41F4-B0A1-00F14188F73A.jpeg

What firmware version are you running on the Kemper?

Also, to help avoid the conflict problems I mentioned in our emails, edit each one of the slot buttons and make sure Send on preset change and Update on preset change are turned off. Also, make sure the slot buttons are set to the same group number so that it's not possible to turn on more than one slot button at the same time.

What firmware version are you running on the Kemper?

Also, to help avoid the conflict problems I mentioned in our emails, edit each one of the slot buttons and make sure Send on preset change and Update on preset change are turned off. Also, make sure the slot buttons are set to the same group number so that it's not possible to turn on more than one slot button at the same time.
I’ll give that a shot! My Kemper is the beta of the most recent version of what just came out. So the second most recent. I haven’t updated yet since I’ve seen some people have had issues.

Back