Mastermind with Atomic Amplifire

Clint Martin

I have a Mastermind on the way and will use it with my Amplifire. Is anyone else using this combination? Any tips? I'm wanting to have a basic setup with 5 patch changes, bank up and down, and I'll probably use the expression for volume pedal.
I'm looking forward to getting my hands (or feet) on the Mastermind. It was the only controller in my price range that didn't have the switches too close together.

Well, the Mastermind has been almost plug and play with the Amplifire. Atomic just released firmware 3.0 which allows changing the CC values...so a quick change there, (by default the volume pedal is CC #22 on the Amplifire, change it to 7) and the expression pedal now works as I had hoped.
You can also use the same pedal for the Wah. If you change the wah CC to 7 in amplifire and use the new inverse feature in the Amplifire...you can dedicate one of the Amplifire switches to Vol/Wah and the pedal will switch from one to the other.
I'm super happy with my choice here. The Mastermind is the perfect size for me. Most other midi controllers that do what I wanted were very small and had the switches too close together...The Amplifire/Mastermind combination is going to work great!

Back