MEG Tuner with Out/CS Out

overdrive59

The Mini Effect Gizmo manual states:
"Out – This is the passive output from the Mini Effect Gizmo. This jack is directly connected to the output of loop 5, with no circuitry in between. You can use both the Out and CS Out jacks simultaneously if desired. For example, you can plug the CS Out jack into your amp and the Out jack into a tuner. "

If I were to do this, how would I mute my signal for tuning with out manually turning down amp volume or selecting standby? Looking for implementing tuner mode via Mastermind LT without using a loop on the tuner.

To get an actual tuner mute, you will have to use a loop on the Mini Effect Gizmo. Connect the loop send to the tuner, get a 1/4-inch plug, open it up, and connect the tip to ground internally. Plug that into the loop return. Activating the loop will mute the signal and send the signal to the tuner.

To get an actual tuner mute, you will have to use a loop on the Mini Effect Gizmo. Connect the loop send to the tuner, get a 1/4-inch plug, open it up, and connect the tip to ground internally. Plug that into the loop return. Activating the loop will mute the signal and send the signal to the tuner.

It hadn't occurred to me that you had to ground the return but that makes sense.

Back