MEG-X not retaining loop order

MMC

Hi Ron and friends....

I programmed a MEG-X with 14 different presets: I stored various loop status (i.e. on or off) and various loop orders, since I'm using the unit with a PBC 10.
Particularly, after having dedicated one MEG-X loop to the amp send/return loop, I'm moving modulation and time based effects in front of the amp or in the amp's loop on a preset base and using PBC CC command to switch the MEG-X loops on and off.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to retain the loops order in the MEG-X: every time I change a preset, the loop status is respected, but the loop order isn't.
No locked option in the global defaults...

Thank you for helping!

.. Has been a Sunday afternoon of experiments!

Just to give some more details: using "read settings from the device" in the editor, shows that the MEG-X has the preset loaded, with the correct loop order and status.

When loading any preset via the PBC program change command though, the loop status changes correctly, but the loop order is always: 1 2 5 6 4 3, which corresponds to preset #9...

Doing a factory reset didn't help: a defective unit maybe?

Thanks...

It's almost certain that there's a bug in there somewhere. Hardware problems wouldn't cause such a specific symptom. Please send me your MEGX settings file and I'll give it a try.

Thank you Ron: I've sent you the settings of the MEG-X and of the PBC 10.

Did some more testing today: if I change the MEG-X preset with the USB cable (disconnecting from the PBC), the loops status and order are fully correct, but when the program change comes from the PBC (and is sent together with the CC for the MEG-X loops status, since I need to have the corresponding PBC switch illuminated if the loops are on...), the loop order doesn't change.

Tried with a different MIDI cable: no joy. Is it possible that simultaneous PC and CC cause a conflict into the MEG-X? I would really like to avoid programming 15 and more Sys-ex commands and send this for the loop order instead of the PC...

I wanted to ask some questions about the loop order when it comes to the new effects gizmo.
If I’m using it with my PBC 6/X, how can I arrange the loop order of the effects in PBC vs the order of the ones in MEGX? Or is that not possible. I read parts of the manual, but sysex Im not familiar with.

If I want two pedals in the MEGX to switch being in front of something in PBC. 6/X is it possible and can I set it up in PBC? Kind of confused.

I wanted to ask some questions about the loop order when it comes to the new effects gizmo.
If I’m using it with my PBC 6/X, how can I arrange the loop order of the effects in PBC vs the order of the ones in MEGX? Or is that not possible. I read parts of the manual, but sysex Im not familiar with.

If I want two pedals in the MEGX to switch being in front of something in PBC. 6/X is it possible and can I set it up in PBC? Kind of confused.
The best you can do is put the MEGX in one of the PBC6's loops. Then, you can rearrange loops within the MEGX, and you can move the MEGX to anywhere between the PBC6X loops.

The best you can do is put the MEGX in one of the PBC6's loops. Then, you can rearrange loops within the MEGX, and you can move the MEGX to anywhere between the PBC6X loops.

Figured that might be the case. Im interested in MEGX because of its simplicity and that I could do 12 mono loops and that would cover all my pedals. But I feel like PBC 6/X is so powerful that it may not be smart to just use MEGX and a good midi controller. I gotta map out how I might order things the way you mentioned to see if it could work for me

Back