MEGX, Rack Gizmo, and Effect Gizmo with MMGT 22

Budro Thedog

Howdy,

Im getting ready to re-do my full rack, and had a quick question about midi channels when using 2 MEGX, Rack Gizmo, Effect Gizmo, and MMGT22.

Years ago, I had a different midi controller with the Rack Gizmo and Effect Gizmo. Because the midi controller had to be on the same midi channel as the EG and RG, I had to reconfigure the MIDI CC's for the loops on the RG so they wouldn't conflict with the EG that were both on the same midi channel.

Since I now have a MMGT22, can I just factory reset the EG and RG, and use MMGT editor with the EG/RG/MEGX1/MEGX2 on the same midi channel, or, will the midi cc's all conflict if they are on the same MIDI channel? Put differently, since I select the correct device type in MMGTEditor when programming, will this eliminate all MIDI conflicts, or, does everything need to be on its own channel?

Thanks in advance!

Reset and reconfigure for simplicity my opinion. I would the each MegX, RG and EG on separate channels with default settings. Easier to follow and reference unless you have easy referenced documentation of your custom settings you want to keep. On another note, I have the megX and EG...You must have a hell of a setup to use that many loops :)

Back