Mesa Boogie Mark 2C JP Wet/Dry/Wet Set Up

stephen winsor

Hey All,

Im looking at building a Mesa Boogie Mark 2C JP Wet/Dry/Wet Set up with a Mesa boogie 2:90 Power amp and 3 x Mesa Boogie 2 x 12 Cabinets.

I am hoping this is possible with the purchase of a FX Gizmo as I have a range of pedals I Would like to control through the unit aswell.

These include
Through FX Loop (Rack Mounted)
-Strymon Big Sky
-Strymon Timeline
-Strymon Dig
-Strymon OLA
-Strymon Orbit
-Strymon Flint

Front of the Mark 2C JP
- Horizon Precison Drive
- TC Sentry Noise Gate & TC Spark Booster
- Seymour Duncan Palladium Boost

I hope to be able to run all this through a RJM midi controller

Firstly is this kind of set up possible? am I on the right page here? I am a very armature rig builder.

thanks if anyone could help! would be muchly appreciated!

Yes, that should work, no problem. You'll need an Effect Gizmo that's upgraded to all stereo loops. You can use loops 1-4 for the mono pedals, then loops 5-12 for the stereo pedals.

can I control the MESA BOOGIE MARK 2c JP through midi on the effect gizmo and if so how would I route it..

I'm really sorry I'm a beginner! I've always been plug into the amp and play but now I want to add more texture to my music

can I control the MESA BOOGIE MARK 2c JP through midi on the effect gizmo and if so how would I route it..

I'm really sorry I'm a beginner! I've always been plug into the amp and play but now I want to add more texture to my music

The Effect Gizmo won't control the amp by itself, but it will pass MIDI commands from a MIDI controller to the JP2C. The connection is as I mentioned above: Effect Gizmo MIDI Thru to JP2C MIDI input. (Your MIDI controller would connect to the MIDI Input on the Effect Gizmo).

good evening .. I bought an effect gizmo and a GT 22.
I should connect 4 pedals in the front of the Jp-2C and 3 pedals in the send return of the Jp-2C ... could you help me to understand how to do it? because I made the connections based on the manual ... the first four pedals in the first slots ... then cs out in the input of the Jp-2C.
then I connected a 9 in cable to the send of the Jp-2C
then the three pedals in slots 9 10 11 in the end I connected a cable in the 11 OUT in the return of the JP-2C ..... I'm finding grandissi ground loop

good evening .. I bought an effect gizmo and a GT 22.
I should connect 4 pedals in the front of the Jp-2C and 3 pedals in the send return of the Jp-2C ... could you help me to understand how to do it? because I made the connections based on the manual ... the first four pedals in the first slots ... then cs out in the input of the Jp-2C.
then I connected a 9 in cable to the send of the Jp-2C
then the three pedals in slots 9 10 11 in the end I connected a cable in the 11 OUT in the return of the JP-2C ..... I'm finding grandissi ground loop

Ground loops can definitely happen, and the more connections you have between the Effect Gizmo and the amp, the more likely a ground loop is to happen. I recommend adding an isolation transformer between the Gizmo and the amp's loop return, and if that's not enough, add another isolation transformer between the Gizmo and the amp's loop send.

Back