Mesa Boogie Roadster help with rig

Chomii

Hello. I have Mesa Boogie Roadster and i would like to set up some rig. I had in mind BB Preamp, OCD Overdrive, Wampler Ego Compressor in front of the amp and TC Electronics G Major 2(mainly for reverbs and chorus) and Eventide Timefactor(for delays) in the FX loop. I wanna control pedals in front, effects in fx loop and amp channel and function switching with RJM products. I have read on some forums that putting reverb and delay in series can cause muddying the tone and all kind of scary stories, so first question would be do i need RJM Mini line mixer for that to take care. Second question is can i make this rig function with Mini Amp Gizmo, Mini Effect Gizmo and Mastermind or do i need Rack Gizmo and Mastermind? And at the end can anyone make some kind of diagram for setting this rig up? Thanks

One more thing that is offtopic. I dont know if it's an overkill to use G Major 2 and Timefactor? So give your advice which one to keep (or both) :)

i´m using the RG-16 with a setup close to yours, so my recommendation would be the RackGizmo. one unit and all included.
the mini effect gizmo does not allow you to put effects in front of the amp and in the loop - not with your setup.
with the Rack Gizmo you can put 4 pedals in front by using the loops 1-4 (wired in series), from the loop out to the amp input, from the amp send jack to the input of loop 5, send loop 5 to g-major input, output loop 5 to input 6, send loop 6 to timefactor, outputs of both effects and output of loop 6 go to the line-mixer and from there back to the amps return jack.
set the g-major and timefactor to kill-dry or wet-signal only and mix your dry-signal with the effects in the line-mixer.

i'm not sure if the Rack Gizmo behaves like the old RG-16, but if so, only the send-jacks a switched, so the signal with is on the input of a loop goes straight to the output of the loop. maybe ron can confirm this.

Thanks alot man. I will start buying components for the rig soon. :) Can you send your setup here so i can see how you did it. Best regards.

i´m sorry, but i don´t have a drawing of this setup. i´ve done one in the past, but there was the effects hooked up in series and rout out in stereo.

this is how my "mono" setup with the parallel effects looks like in "real-life", but changed the roadster to a DC-5 now.

Roadster%20Rig.jpg

Back