Midi and XLR both active?

toasterdude

Silly question. Currently using the midi out to a T8 to send midi to my rack. Toying with adding a Helix to the mess/mix. I would like to send:

XLR>>> phantom power box>>>Midi Solutions T8>>>>mobius, bigsky, adrenalinn, HOG2, Echolution 2 and switchblad

Midi out>>>>Helix>>>>2 PODHD Pro, 2 AXE FX II XL likely a molten midi splitter on midi out from Helix to avoid too many devices being daisy chained.

Helix would allow me to send CC commands from variax volume and tone to any parameters of Helix, PODS, or Axe FX. For that reason I would want those "downstream" from Helix.

Also I would probably put a midisplitter on my pedal train that has the GT, so I can send to Helix and also any other band members rigs that would need midi sync when GT was master. When GT is slave I will just put a splitter on the master and send one out to GT.

Thanks for any insight.

You could do that, but would need to switch which connections you use - the T8 needs a ground connection that the XLR does not have, but the standard MIDI output does have.

Back