MIDI Clock: Auto - Not Working Properly

aaronf

I have my Mastermind LT connected to Ableton via USB.
When MIDI Clock is set to Slave it all works perfectly, it reads the clock information from Ableton, displays the Tempo on screen and controls the scenes in Ableton with CC's - all no problem.

When I don't have my LT connected to Ableton and set MIDI Clock to Master it controls my pedals perfectly, I can use tap tempo button I set up and it changes tempo to the MIDI Clock I preset for each song - all no problem.

However as the title suggests when I set MIDI Clock to Auto it does not work as expected. It essentially acts as thought it's still set to Master - I can still control Ableton with CC's so I know they're connected properly but no matter how many times I stop and start the clock or change the tempo in Ableton the LT does not register clock at it's input and carries on as though it's still the master. If I change MIDI Clock back to Slave it immediately works, but then obviously once I disconnect it from Ableton I have to go back into the editor to change it back to Master so I can control my pedals as normal.

Have I potentially glossed over a setting required to make this work properly? I know MIDI is reaching my LT but as I mentioned I cannot get it to 'register' and auto switch between Master and Slave. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you're doing the right thing (the Auto setting should be all that's required), but clearly something is going on. Are you running the latest firmware on the LT?

Thanks for your speedy response!
No I noticed I was a couple of firmware updates behind so I've just updated both my LT and editor to 4.3.0 and run a quick test and the issue remains - it does not detect clock in Auto but does detect it in Slave.

For reference I have attached the .rjs file I have been using, hopefully I have simply missed a checkbox and it's an easy fix.

Attachments

• STS2 5ch 1.1.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I just wanted to check back in as this is still an issue I am working around. @rjmmusic would you kindly take a look at my show file and let me know if you can see why I can't seem to get the Auto Clock working properly?
Cheers!

Have you tried updating to 4.3.2? There was a bug in 4.3.0 that prevented auto clock from working in some circumstances.

Back