MIDI clock - workflow/setup question

AdeWalker

My usual way of working with tempo has been to configure the relevant pedals (eg Eventide Timefactor) to use "Preset Tempo" (rather than a Global or Tap setting) and then save the required tempo BPM in each of the TF's presets. This works fine but is limiting for compositional / jamming / noodling purposes. To provide more flexibility, I intend to use the PBC's MIDI clock and set up a Tap Tempo button, so that I can easily play around with tempos on the fly.

However, it is important that the MIDI clock does not permanently alter the tempo built-in to the respective pedals' presets. Also, if I then load a different preset with a different tempo, I want the pedal to respect the built-in tempo and ignore MIDI clock unless I tell it otherwise, eg by using the PBC's tap tempo button.

So (I think) I'm asking whether, when selecting a PBC preset, there is a way to turn off MIDI clock before a the PC message is sent to the TF, and only turn on MIDI clock if the PBC tap tempo button is pressed. Is this do-able? Is it even desirable? Is there a much better way to manage tempo?

Thanks!

There currently isn't any way to disable the MIDI clock aside from selecting a preset with a BPM of 0. This will change in firmware 4.0.

Back