MIDI control of JVM205H

Jprimm

sorry for the rookie question. Can anyone tell me how to setup the PBC to control channel and setting changes for the JVM205H. I have the JVM205H entered into the PBC but have been unsuccessful in getting the two to communicate and the PBC to initiate and save changes. Thanks in advance for your help!

I've never worked with the amp myself, but the JVM410 worked something like this:

Create a generic device in PBC settings and set it to the channel the JVM itself is set to (it's set to channel 1 out of the box). Then, follow the MIDI instructions in the JVM manual to program the JVM for each PBC preset - for this basic kind of programming, no other programming is done on the PBC.

I tried this I believe. I connected the JVM to the PBC via a midi cable and the PBC found the device. I left the PC#, CC#, etc to the default. I setup the JVM to the distortion, master volume, and FX settings as I wanted to save. I then pushed the Midi switch on the JVM as instructed. The Midi switch continued to blink but never "latched". It apppears that the JVM never connected and saved to/from the PBC.

According to the JVM manual, the process is:

- Set the amp to the desired channel, mode, etc.
- Press the MIDI button twice, the light should start flashing
- Select the preset on the PBC you wish to assign those settings to
- The light should stop flashing at this point.

Is this the process you were trying? If so, then the JVM is probably sent to the wrong channel. We'll have to reassign it.

FYI, the PBC is unable to detect what's connected to it - generally speaking, MIDI doesn't work that way (unfortunately). You have to tell it what's connected so that it knows what messages to send. However, the default settings for the PBC (a Mini Amp Gizmo on MIDI channel 1) should be good enough to get started.

Back