MIDI Issues (Strymon/Chase Bliss)

PianoMan

Hey all!

I'm just finishing up downsizing from my huge older board to a much smaller one, but I'm having some issues with the MIDI. First off, here is what I've been using/will be using:

Previous Setup: PBC > POG 2 > Strymon Mobius > Timeline > Big Sky > PBC

New Setup: PBC > POG 2 > Chase Bliss modded Empress MIDI Box (sending signal to a Warped Vinyl HiFi) > Strymon Timeline > Big Sky > PBC

I'm having a couple of issues.

1) When I scroll through banks, the Strymon Pedals are switching between a few presets instead of going to the song specific presets that they should be. I haven't seen any specific pattern to what presets it goes to other then that they are the same 3-4 patches.

2) The Warped Vinyl is not switching presets when I switch presets on the PBC - it just gets stuck in live mode like I'm sending it PC=0, even though the editor says it should be something else. However, I have a page setup for the pedal that allows me to switch between 9 different presets, and it works perfectly (and pulls up presets perfectly as long as I stay on that page).

I've just finished testing all the MIDI cables and have verified that they are all wired properly, so I don't think that's the issue. I'll also mention that Strymon Nixie detects the two Strymon pedals and is able to edit presets just fine. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? My setup file is attached.

Attachments

• Mastermind PBC Setup.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Regarding your Strymon pedals, there are buttons on page 5 that select individual presets on those pedals. On many presets, they're programmed to automatically turn on, and they will send their PC messages. That's what you're seeing. Program the button to be off in each preset, or edit the button to turn off Send on Preset Change, and that will allow the preset-specified PC messages to take effect.

Regarding the Chase Bliss pedal, the same thing applies. There's a "LIVE EDIT" button on page 6 that's programmed to send PC0 to the pedal. On all presets, it's programmed to be on, and programmed to send PC0. Disable sending on preset change and that should take care of it.

Only thing I don't get is....how did it work before and then NOT work after the board downsize? Did you modify the file between those setups?

I changed it. One of those pages was for the Warped Vinyl, which I put on to replace the Mobius. I think I played with the other page a bit too, and I probably changed some stuff on accident.

Back