MIDI Map DAW to MMGT

scratch17

It seems quite possible to set up the MMGT to control many of the functions that control surfaces do via MIDI learn in DAWs.

For example, you could set a button as on/off toggle to start automation on a track. Then you could set a button to select an automation type. You should also be able to set up a pedal to draw the automation.

I'd really like to be able to use my feet when I am alone in the studio tracking my guitar. I figure to use the GT10 to turn my channel strip's insert effects into a virtual pedalboard.

I am going to try this with Studio One 3.5 as soon as my studio is setup in its new room. S One 3 has a really easy to use MIDI learn capability that should work great with MMGT.

Has anyone on this forum tried this? If you have, what were the results? Which functions did you set up? Any tips?

Yes, but remember that a lot of control surfaces are using scripts and not just midi. You can control all sorts of things, but just be prepared for a lot of details and workarounds. If i were a programmer, i would LOVE to make custom scripts for daws, but I'm not. The biggest challenge is the updating of button states. You have to be VERY mindful of your game plan and be sure to program the gt accordingly. Lots can be done and I'm still tinkering with mine for the exact thing. I use reaper and ableton fwiw, along with an axe gt.

Back