MIDI/Pre-Delay issue with Big Sky

PianoMan

Hey all!

I finally got my PBC-centric board put together and I'm in the middle of programming it. Unfortunately I have an issue that I can't figure out. It seems like the PBC is sending MIDI CC's for pre-delay to my Strymon Big Sky, causing it to max out every time I save a preset. If I fix it and re-save, it immedately maxes out again. The problem only goes away if I unplug MIDI from the unit. I've disabled the "send CC's" option for every MIDI device I'm using to no effect. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Hey all!

I finally got my PBC-centric board put together and I'm in the middle of programming it. Unfortunately I have an issue that I can't figure out. It seems like the PBC is sending MIDI CC's for pre-delay to my Strymon Big Sky, causing it to max out every time I save a preset. If I fix it and re-save, it immedately maxes out again. The problem only goes away if I unplug MIDI from the unit. I've disabled the "send CC's" option for every MIDI device I'm using to no effect. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
There's a setting in the BigSky that you have to turn off, I believe it's MIDICL, but not 100% sure. The BigSky is taking the midi clock information from the PBC and using it to set the pre-delay.

Oh, and that setting was added in a FW update for the Bigsky, so make sure you are on the latest FW.

Back