Midi Problem

Jeremia Berndtsson

Hi!
I am having some issues with my PBC/6X and my Midi Solutions Quadra Thru.

I have it setup like this:
PBC/6X Midi out - Quadra Thru In - 3 outs to my dual Specular Tempus' and HX Stomp.

I have set up a Preset in a song to turn my Specular Tempus on, and select a specific reverb on it. But nothing happens..

I have read that the Midi box should light up when powering the PBC/6X, but nothing happens...

Any ideas?

The PBC/6X should power a Quadra Thru correctly... Maybe check to see if pin 2 (the center pin) is wired correctly in your cable. Without that connection, the Quadra Thru won't power up (but the cable will carry MIDI data to anything else).

The PBC/6X should power a Quadra Thru correctly... Maybe check to see if pin 2 (the center pin) is wired correctly in your cable. Without that connection, the Quadra Thru won't power up (but the cable will carry MIDI data to anything else).
How can I see that? :) I have the One Control Midi Hammer cables.

Set the meter to measure ohms - a low range if there is more than one. On each side, find pin 2 - the center pin of the "U" shape the pins make. Put one lead on pin 2 on one side and the other on pin 2 on the other side. It should read a very low number, 0 or close to it.

Set the meter to measure ohms - a low range if there is more than one. On each side, find pin 2 - the center pin of the "U" shape the pins make. Put one lead on pin 2 on one side and the other on pin 2 on the other side. It should read a very low number, 0 or close to it.
Nothing on the middle pin, but on the two next to it if that matters?

Ok, looks like they aren't wiring them to spec. I've also heard of people having noise problems with those cables - the same wire is used for shielding, so it doesn't surprise me that the wire is missing!

Back