Midi question

kitemonkey

So, this isn't an issue with the PBC at all, merely a corner I have painted myself into that someone here has undoubtedly run into before and has some ideas.

Short version, I have a PBC, where the MIDI out goes :

PBC ---> 1st Eventide H9 ---> 2nd Eventide H9 ---> TC Nova Drive

They all play nicely together. However, I also have a Mini amp gizmo I need to get MIDI to as well and as the TC Novadrive doesn't have a MIDI out nor thru on it, I have no way to plug in the midi cable back to the Mini Amp Gizmo. I used to have a 4 way midi thru box, so this wasn't an issue, however with a new smaller board, this box doesn't actually fit anywhere on the board.

I was just looking at the new 2 version of the editor and it LOOKS like I could send MIDI out the USB port as well, ie, get one of those cheap USB to MIDI cables and I'd be fine and I could just dedicate the Mini Amp Gizmo to that port.

Workable or, does anyone have any other ideas that may work? Many thanks and happy new year to everyone.

The USB MIDI support is designed to connect the PBC to a computer, but not to connect a USB-MIDI cable to the PBC.

You can, however, use the Remote In port as a secondary MIDI output with a special MIDI cable. This would be a workable solution for you if you're not using the Remote In for anything else.

Sorry, I meant the MIDI In port (it's called Remote In on the Mastermind GT). The cable is a MIDI cable connected like this

PBC MIDI device
pin 1 -> pin 4
pin 2 -> pin 2
pin 3 -> pin 5

When you do it, make sure that "MIDI Bidir" is turned on in the MIDI settings, and that any MIDI device connected to the MIDI In port has its MIDI Port set to "Remote In" in the Devices tab.

Back