MIDI start/stop

Shimon

I purchased a light metronome. I connected it to the midi out of the PBC10 and it's not working (it should be lighting in every quarter). The guy who Sold me the metronome ask me "Are you sending MIDI Start to the metronome?" Are the PBC10 can do it?.... In the MIDI setup, I open the start/stop but it does not work.

Have you set MIDI Clock to Master? That, and the start/stop setting both need to be turned on.

That should be all that's needed (aside from setting a tempo, of course)... I don't see anything else missing.

Hi, The guy who Sold me the metronome ask this:
"The only other potential issue I can think of is that the RJM is not supplying power to the metronome. Some devices that do not comply with the MIDI hardware specification do not have the ground pin connected, or provide less than 5v on the + pin. Another possibility is that the MIDI cable you are using does not have the ground connected at both ends. In this case data will still pass through the cable but power will not."
What do you think?
Thanks
BTW I turn off preset tempo bcouse I'm using the tempo in a song mod. each song have its own tempo.

Last edited:
I've never tried this tempo light before, but our products are compatible other devices that use that method to draw power from the MIDI connection.

Do you have a computer with a MIDI interface? That would be the best way to verify that the PBC is sending the start, stop and clock messages.

Back