Midi Tempo Sync - Suddenly Works

seattleguitarist

I posted this as a response to the subject - Re: midi tempo sync is off? - Miracle :)
I thought it may be worth posting as a new topic though just in case somebody else is experiencing a similar situation.

The strangest thing (or maybe not), i had my mini amp gizmo and marshall jvm on the same midi channel. I was running into an issue with the CC information not being seen properly on preset change even though i had everything set up correctly. I decided i would try changing the midi channel of the amp gizmo to see if that would correct the issue. IT DID! But the real amazement happened when i tried the tap tempo..... It is suddenly spot on. I am running the mastermind gt22 as master midi clock into my axe fx and a tc nova system. They are both dead on. I'm not sure how this happened but it is working.

That's pretty odd. The tempo issues are on my to-do list for this week. It'll be interesting to see if I run into the same problem or not...

rjmmusic said:
That's pretty odd. The tempo issues are on my to-do list for this week. It'll be interesting to see if I run into the same problem or not...

Great news. I had been looking at an external solution for midi clock just in case it was too much strain on MMGT. I also just ordered the DIN version of power adapter and midi cable from you guys to see if I can get read preset names to work again. I never got Axe tuner to display on the GT but will give it all a shot using DIN rather than XLR.

Question on having GT in slave mode. Is there any indication on the GT that it is synced? Any indication of tempo or will the tap button still show the BPM stored in that preset?

Yes, the GT measures and displays the incoming tempo.

Thanks for reminding me! That's another thing I need to test before 2.0 goes out...

Great!!!. I am pretty sure that wasn't working in the version I am running. I am actually home tomorrow and took the better half out for a great dinner and some live jazz tonight. That means tomorrow I try and finish up wiring my rig, updating Axe FX XLs and maybe start programming some whacky stuff. I will double check slaving to midi sync from Maschine etc.

Back