Mini Amp Gizmo + Marshall TSL 100

Productrock

I've searched far and wide for an answer to this question. Since you guys seem to be the most helpful, I figured I'd give it a shot.

I haven't bought the Mini Amp Gizmo but I plan to because it's a great solution to "tap dancing" and seems like the finishing touch to my rig.

QUESTION: Is the mute function on the Marshall TSL midi controllable? I've contacted marshall, a few other forums but cannot find solid evidence on whether it is or isn't.

Why do I ask that question? I'm glad you asked lol

For effects I run a line 6 M13 stompbox modeler through the FX loop which is great, love it. The Problem when you use the onboard tuner it's supposed to mute everything (because we all know... who in their right mind wants people to hear them tune a guitar) and it doesn't. A small yet undesirable amount of my guitar comes through.

1. No it's not the line 6, on a solid state marshall it works fine and completely mutes the signal going through the fx loop.

2. Yes my "wet/dry" mix knob is at 100% wet/fx

my only solution at this point while still using the onboard tuner is to run over to the amp and hit the mute button and then tune. So if the mute function was midicontrollable... the mini amp gizmo could control it correct?

Any other suggestions to this problem would be helpful, I know this wasn't the greatest spot to put the question but like I said this seems like a top notch company and I figured you guys or some of people on the forums might have some suggestions.

Thanks so much,

Charlie
http://www.facebook.com/productrock

Most effects loops that have a mix control never quite get to all wet or all dry - there's always some leakage.

The Mute control doesn't have a footswitch jack, so it's not controllable. That said, it might be possible to mod the amp to add a mute jack. (I don't know enough about the TSL to be certain). If you can add a mute footswitch jack, then the Amp Gizmo would be able to switch it.

The other option is to convert the effects loop to 100% series. This is often an easy mod (at least it is on Rectifiers and Elmwoods!) If you have a true series loop, then the M13 would be able to fully mute the signal.

Thanks a MILLION!!

So, technically, if I were able to mod the fx loop to be 100% series I would just need the mini amp gizmo because I would no longer need to hit the mute button to completely mute the signal :) Also if I can't do that and would need to add the mute jack and also spend the extra dough for the amp gizmo instead of the mini, I'll just sell my TSL and get a Mesa where I know that's a possible mod :)

I really appreciate the quick and knowledgeable response, I've really ripped my hair out trying to figure out a solution for this :) :) :)

The sheer idea of this product really fascinates me and I will continue to tell everyone about it!! lol providing everything works like it's supposed to when I actually buy it. But from what I've read and seen I'm sure it will!

Thanks again!

p.s. If anybody on here cares, my band had music on Jersey Shore the other night!! We were pretty stoked!!! http://www.facebook.com/productrock

Back