Mini Amp Gizmo/TC G System/Suhr Riot

Paulg2uk

Hi,

I have a TC g system that is being powered by the ac aux on a voodoo labs pedal power 2. I have used all the outputs on my pedal power and am powering the mini amp gizmo via the dc outs on the G system. I was just wondering how many milliamps this would take up? The g sys is capable of supplying 200ma, would i have enough spare to add a suhr riot pedal?

Many Thanks
Paul

Mini Amp Gizmo requires 150mA... not sure how much the Riot needs, but as long as it's under 50mA (which I'd imagine it is - most things that need more than that are digital delays and the like) you should be OK.

MartinCliffe said:
Mini Amp Gizmo requires 150mA... not sure how much the Riot needs, but as long as it's under 50mA (which I'd imagine it is - most things that need more than that are digital delays and the like) you should be OK.

Thanks for the reply. I thought that myself I just emailed Suhr, they said the riot gives out 8ma. So hopefully it should work. The 150ma on the mini amp gizmo is that a minimum or maximum output?

Cheers

Paul

150mA is what it needs to run. I can't see it ever needing much more than that, and in general use it probably draws less.

8mA is about typical for a distortion box. Must get hold of a Riot at some point (and a Shiba Drive, possibly, although I also like the look of the ToneFreak Dragonfly).

MartinCliffe said:
150mA is what it needs to run. I can't see it ever needing much more than that, and in general use it probably draws less.

8mA is about typical for a distortion box. Must get hold of a Riot at some point (and a Shiba Drive, possibly, although I also like the look of the ToneFreak Dragonfly).

I completely agree with you on it..internet radio station

This reminds me that I badly need to update the specs on the Mini Amp Gizmo. A while back (at serial number 300), we upgraded the relays. They're more sturdy but require more current. Now, the Mini Amp Gizmo can draw up to 260mA, depending on how many switches you have on at one time. All 8 on draws 260mA, and four switches on comes out to about 160mA (each switch draws about 25mA).

Back