Mini Effect Gizmo - Function Button

Schmoot

Hello. New to the forum.
I am trying to add a Mini Effect Gizmo into my PBC setup.

Can I do this from the Editor? I could not find anyway to select it.

I found a post that said to use the on board setup menu. When I use the on board setup mode, once I select Function Button the PBC seems to lock up.

Are there any requirements as far as what channel the MEG has to be on or where it is in the MIDI chain? Does it communicate through CC's or Sysex?

Please advise. Thanks for your help in advance.

Joe

The automatic Function button setup is currently only available in the PBC's on board menu. After setting it up, you can download the settings to the editor to further edit them. If it locks up when you select Function Button, you probably have an old version of the firmware that has a bug. Update to the latest and it should work fine.

The MEG is assumed to be on MIDI channel 1, but you can change that on the MEG and in Edit Devices on the PBC (or in the editor). The PBC and the MEG channel settings have to match. The PBC sends CC messages to the MEG to get it to switch loops.

The automatic Function button setup is currently only available in the PBC's on board menu. After setting it up, you can download the settings to the editor to further edit them. If it locks up when you select Function Button, you probably have an old version of the firmware that has a bug. Update to the latest and it should work fine.

The MEG is assumed to be on MIDI channel 1, but you can change that on the MEG and in Edit Devices on the PBC (or in the editor). The PBC and the MEG channel settings have to match. The PBC sends CC messages to the MEG to get it to switch loops.

Hi Ron, Thanks for the fast reply - I am using the latest FW and Editor versions. The system locks up consistently - I tried 3 or 4 times.

Update - got it to work, seems my firmware version update didn't work as I thought. Updated it successfully to 4.0.11 which allowed me to change the function to control the MEG. Seeing how it works, by creating a separate page I am able to modify it and still keep the function at tap tempo, moving the page switch to a hold function on button two. Thanks for the help!

Back