Mini Line Mixer - G System and Eventide Space

ttosh

What would be the best way to setup the following scenario.

Currently guitar goes into input of G System. Loops 1-4 are used and Fish Preamp goes into Insert Loop. Out L/R into Mesa 2:90 and out to two cabinets. I would like to add an Eventide Space Reverb pedal to run I would guess parallel to the G System. At first I thought I could just come out of the G System into the Space then into the Power Amp, but I thought it may be better sounding and I could have different results by running the G System into slot 1 of the Line Mixer, Eventide Space into Slot 2 and then the dry into Slot 4. I would still have slot 3 for anything else I would want to add later to run parallel with the system. However I am not sure how to set this up. If I was using a Rack Gizmo I could see how this would be easy, but without spending the money what are my options?

Does the Fish have more than one output? I know a lot of preamps have a couple of outputs. If so (or if you just split the output from it) you could feed the insert return (for the G System post- effects), the Space, and take a dry line to the Mini Line Mixer. You might need some kind of buffered / isolated splitter box for this to work best - I use the Palmer Junction box to do a similar thing in my rig, but the Lehle P-Split is a similarly nice bit of kit. I'd try with just a basic Y-cable first though - might work fine!

MartinCliffe said:
Does the Fish have more than one output? I know a lot of preamps have a couple of outputs. If so (or if you just split the output from it) you could feed the insert return (for the G System post- effects), the Space, and take a dry line to the Mini Line Mixer. You might need some kind of buffered / isolated splitter box for this to work best - I use the Palmer Junction box to do a similar thing in my rig, but the Lehle P-Split is a similarly nice bit of kit. I'd try with just a basic Y-cable first though - might work fine!

So the Lehle P Split would allow me to take one output of the fish into it, take the other output of the fish to the dry of the Line Mixer, then take the the output of the fish going into the P split would feed the insert return of the G System, the input of the Eventide. Both of those units would go stereo into the Mini Mix. Both at 100% wet Killdry. So is the Mini Mix the way I would adjust the amount of W/D that the speakers are hearing?

Thanks for helping out here!!

Back