Mission RJM SP-1 & 3.1 update

JeffMarshMusic

Hi Ron,

After the 3.1 update, the Mission RJM Expression pedal no longer lights the LED when engaged. It works properly as programmed (one of the external switches) but no longer lights up when engaged.

Just heads up. Thanks for any advise.

jm

New info - need to disengage all external switches for MMGT to work. When EXT switches are inserted, the Bank up/down switches cause the GT to scroll all the way to the highest preset. Then the GT is locked there. Also, ext switches that call up Song List or Set List no longer work properly. If I remove the ext switches the unit works properly.

Hi Jeff,

Did the SP-1 really work before? The standard SP-1 uses a latching switch, which has never been supported on the GT. (The RJM specific SP-1 model uses a momentary switch.) I guess the SP-1 would kinda work, but you'd have to press it twice each time you wanted it to do something. The LED will also not work correctly.

The bank switch issue is something we've been discussing in the 3.1 thread. There's a bug in 3.1 that causes all repeat-capable switches to repeat when any switch is being held down. And, as far as the GT is concerned, a latching switch is held down when it's in the "on" position.

I'll have a fix for the bank switch issue in the upcoming 3.1.1, but for best results with the external switch, getting an SP1-RJM is something I'd recommend.

Hi Ron,

Yes, I'm using the "SP1-RJM". It worked in 3.02 but not in 3.1 Also using the Boss FS-7 for Song and Setlist which is now causing problems.

Awesome stuff. I'm sure you'll figure it out. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Make sure you use a TRS cable with the switch. Using a standard 1/4-inch cable will make the GT think the (non-existent) second switch is being held down all the time.

With the FS-7, make sure that it's set to momentary and the correct polarity (not sure which setting is correct, they're only labeled "I" and "II", but one should work as expected).

Yes, TRS with switch 1/2. I split this so I can have 1) momentary "Tap", and 2) Wah on/off working from the one insert cable.

Switch 3/4 has the same kind of insert cable connected to the Roland FS-7 (set to momentary) that's nice for Song List & Set List. All worked well in V3.02

No worries. I can back up to the old version unless you foresee a 3.1 in the near future.

3.1.1 will be out some time next week taking into consideration that NAMM starts tomorrow (we're going, but not exhibiting).

Can you describe what's going on with the FS-7, and what kind of switch you're using for the tap switch? I don't know for sure that the fix I did will fix all of the problems you're seeing, but if I have more information I have a chance of fixing them.

Hi Ron,

Your suggestion of changing polarity on the FS-7 was spot on. It needs to be set to polarity II in order to be normally off. I should have checked with an ohm meter...my bad.

The only other thing that's different from V3.02 is that the small led on the RJM-SP1 does not light when engaged. It sends the correct message, but no tiny light.

Thanks for your help,

jm

Back