MM PBC powering?

schrismer

I know this is a noob question.... but dang...lol.... I just received my new MM PBC from Sweetwater and there is no power supply or anything like that to power it? what is everyone using ? or did Sweetwater not ship it with mine?

The power supply is optional (We sell them for $25). It's an option because most people power with a Pedal Power. The PP2+ will power the PBC if you use a current doubler cable with outputs 5 and 6. The PP Iso 5, Digital, 4x4 and Mondo will all power the PBC using one of their 12VDC 400mA outputs. Also, the Pedal Power is quieter than any wall-wart we can buy.

THANKS Ron.... I was thinking that but just wanted to make sure.....

IF I may.... Can you share with me if the PBC can do the "Scene thing" like the MMGT? ... meaning.... buttons 1-5 on the bottom row be used for "PRESETS" and then... Program another button to go into "IA Mode"... and those 5 buttons now will turn into 1-5 (or what ever scene I program them into) buttons as long as we are in "IA Mode"?

Yes, IA Mode works on the PBC. We don't use it at all in the default setup, relying on pages instead. But, nothing's stopping you from assigning an IA Mode button and setting up IAs under the preset and bank buttons.

Since the GT and PBC share about 80% of their firmware and editor code, it should be pretty familiar to you. You can even refer to your old GT configuration files if you still have them.

But, if you have questions, let me know!

:) awesome....That is my plan.... I Still have the MMGT....so I'm going to open up both in Editor and o try and make the PBC mirror the MMGT

Thanks Ron... I really...really want to try and figure it out on my own, I don't start picking back up until second week in June.... so I have a few day to configure and test! .... We will see

Back