MMGT 10 won't get preset names for Axe Fx 3

Michael Scarabino

So, I'm having the DUMBEST issue right now. I've been doing this with my GT 22 for years. For some reason, my new GT 10 will not do it, and it's not the first time I've tried this since I recently got it, and it worked.

My setup is GT 10 connecting to a phantom power box, and then it goes to the rest of my chain, which is organized by a MIDI Solutions T8. I tried every troubleshooting technique in the book, even matched MIDI and device settings with the 22 to my 10. What happens is that when I run "get preset names," it starts with the first 2 presets, and then it don't do anything else. It would literally run all day unless I stop the read.

What am I missing here? It has to be the stupidest thing ever, please help lol

So, I'm having the DUMBEST issue right now. I've been doing this with my GT 22 for years. For some reason, my new GT 10 will not do it, and it's not the first time I've tried this since I recently got it, and it worked.

My setup is GT 10 connecting to a phantom power box, and then it goes to the rest of my chain, which is organized by a MIDI Solutions T8. I tried every troubleshooting technique in the book, even matched MIDI and device settings with the 22 to my 10. What happens is that when I run "get preset names," it starts with the first 2 presets, and then it don't do anything else. It would literally run all day unless I stop the read.

What am I missing here? It has to be the stupidest thing ever, please help lol
I'm having the same problem...I updated to 4.6.2. I went to update 110 Presets just now, before my show tonight on my MMGT 22 and it didn't work.. wiped out all the presets.. Thank God I had a back-up....

To be a little more specific, the GT 10 is hooking up to the same exact rig with the same MIDI cables. I use the 10 when I attend practices with only axe fx, as opposed to my entire guitar rig. I'm just failing to understand what could possibly be so different that it gets stuck.

I'm having the same problem...I updated to 4.6.2. I went to update 110 Presets just now, before my show tonight on my MMGT 22 and it didn't work.. wiped out all the presets.. Thank God I had a back-up....
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry dude! I tried this on the 4.6.1 before I updated, and it still wasn't working. Clearly we're having some kind of quirk in common. It cant be a major issue because my 22 is on 4.6.2 and it is totally reading.

I just Reverted back to 4.5.1, I don't have the time to troubleshoot.. I'm getting ready for a show as I type..., and everything is working again like it should. It did a Factory reset on it's own o_O . I then sent the Back-up to the MMGT22 and everything is back to normal...

Sorry folks, that was a bug introduced by the last bug fix. I've just released 4.6.3 that fixes it.

Back