MMGT 16 G-Major 2 switching issue

Meanoldfireman

This seems to be an "undocumented feature" of the G-Major 2. but I'm hoping someone here might have a work around. When I send it a PC to one of it's presets, the relays (which I'm using to control my amp) reset to a default. Even though I Send cc's to set them, it still defaults. When I send the same CC's via an IA, it switches fine. so I know I's sending the correct CC's. I even tried sending them twice.

I don't see any way in the G-major 2 to set those with their setting. This rif only has the amp and the G-Major 2 in it, or I'd just use a loop in a switcher. Any ideas?

Check to see if you have "Send CCs on Preset Change" turned on for the G-Major entry in the GT's settings. Also make sure the buttons on the GT that control the G-Major have "Send on Preset Change' and "Update on Preset Change" turned on.

That's how I have them set. I should clarify: if I change the preset on the G-major 2 from its front panel, it changes the state of the state of the relays too. it's a problem withe the GM2. The only thing I've found from TC is that the relays may have up to 30ms latency. Other than assigning CC'S to them, I can't find anything else on them.

Yes, on the G-Major the switch states are programmed per preset and are intended to change when you change presets. However, I would think that you'd be able to use CCs on the GT to effectively override them - on the GT, CCs are sent after PCs, so they will have precedence.

Are you ending up in a situation where the GT's IA buttons don't agree with the actual switch states on the G-Major?

This is a G Major 2. I can't find where to set the switch states within the presets in the G Major 2. If I send a preset from the MM GT that include a PC change to say a value of 10, and CC values of 1 to 86 and 87 (to urn off both relays) it changes to Preset 10 and I hear two clicks and I wind up with one contact closed and one open. If I switch the contacts with the IA switches, the G Major 2 responds appropriately. If I change the preset from the front panel of the G Major 2, the relays switch back to one on and one off. (I can't find anything in the manual or in any of the settings to set the relay states within the presets of the G Major 2). It seems like the the CC's in the preset of the MM arrive durring the long latent period of the G Major 2...the commands arrive and then the G Major 2 resets them?

I haven't heard anything back from TC. I'm about to give up and switch it with a Mini amp Gizmo.

Look at page 24 of the G-Major 2 manual - it tells you how to set the relay states for each preset. The settings are in the "Levels / routing" menu.

You could be right - the G-Major might ignore MIDI commands while it's changing presets. That would be pretty unfortunate if it did, but it's possible...

Thanks Ron. I did finally find the info. Unfortunately, Their manual could be a little clearer on this.

I heard back from TC and they mentioned the same thing, but that leads to needing three GM2 presets to cover the 3 amp channels.

I hear two relay clicks when I change presets, so I'm guessing the GM2 gets the PC message and starts processing it, gets the CC messages and changes the relay states, and the relay state changes in the Preset are the last sets of instructions and executes them after the the CC's have been executed.

It's a small rack: just the GM2 and amp, so I have hoping to keep it simple, but I think a Mini amp Gizmo might find it's way in there.

Thanks for your help

Back