MMGT-22 sends tap tempo when changing presets.

JeffMarshMusic

Hi Ron,

My PBC is able to change presets and send my Timeline PC as well as mix and tempo MIDI data with no problems. But when I send the same info from my MMGT-22 the Timeline receives tap tempo corresponding to the time I take between presets. The intended setting I have is 530ms, but if I take a while between presets the Timeline will be at, let's say, 1200ms. If I switch quickly I'll get maybe 240ms. I checked the setting compared to the PBC and they are the same. I even did a test making several presets in a song that have no info sent to the Timeline at all, and still the Timeline receives tap tempo data relative to the time I take switching presets. PBC works fine, so there is something the MMGT-22 is sending. I tested this with a midi cable connected directly to the Timeline (not traveling Through any other devices) I've compared both files and can't see a difference (though the PBC has "Name Time" and "Bank Time" setting available in the editor that the GT editor does not). Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff

UPDATE:

I found the Tap Tempo button set to "Send on Preset Change" as well as "Update on Preset Change." Deselecting these 2 seems to solve the problem.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back