MMGT Editor Write Error to MMGT16

davemb60

Hi

Most of time when I try to write to the MMGT16 via the MMGT Editor (Win7), the write progress bar does not advance and I am forced to end the MMGT Editor program. All connections are secure and this error will occur after I have had a successful write session from Editor to GT16.

Any insight?

Thanks,
Dave

Hi

99% of time the MMGT Editor fails to write to the GT16. The MMGT Editor locks up and I have to terminate the program.
I am using the current 1.4.5 editor and firmware.

Any insight?

Thanks,
Dave

I haven't had any problem at all writing from the editor to my MMGT 16 i'm using Mac.
I assume you tried to re-install the editor?
Richb

That's really unusual - we do test on Windows 7 and have not seen this issue. Do you have another computer you can try? Also, try another MIDI cable - we've had at least one customer with a brand new cable that turned out to be the culprit.

I get errors when reading the GT. MMGT 22 with windows 7. I select connect to device. I get message saying connected to MMGT 1.4.5 and the green connected indicator in the editor. I select read from device and get midi error message. I also sometimes get status bar stuck at zero. Weird thing is it reads in my devices and button cpnfig but not preset names and data?

Windows 7. Changed USB cables. When it freezes I need to reboot GT as it is frozen.

No trouble here reading or writing.

Sorry if this is stating the obvious to those seeing issues, but there is a working limit on the length of USB cables; any chance you're exceeding it? Though the standard allows 5m cables at high speeds, practically-speaking a quality 3m (~10ft) cable is the safest bet for all-round use.

Daisy-chaining cables together is a Bad Idea unless you put hubs (cheap these days) between each segment, up to five hubs allowed. Alternatively, there are booster cables containing active circuitry that will run longer lengths... 30-50 feet I believe.

Good luck

FYI

I get the same problem as described above, intermittently, but the status bar stays at 0% or sometimes it will go up to 7 or 8% before it freezes. After rebooting the Editor and the MMGT once or sometimes twice everything works.

I am using Windows 7 with the MMGT22.

Nic

Hi

Thank you for all of the replies. I will try another usb cable.
I am struggling with another problem.
I have now lost the ability to Get Preset Names and can no longer change presets.
I went into the debug log and saw "Unable to contact board 4"
I will post this in another topic.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi

Just wanted to update everyone.
I tried using another computer and it seems to be working.
I only got one error which a midi read error.
I guess the usb on the other computer was noisy. It was a Dell E6400.

Thanks,
Dave

Thanks for the update - I'll have to see if I can test with a computer that has that problem. All of the computers I've worked with have not displayed that problem.

The "Unable to contact board 4" message is expected in a GT/16 - board 4 is the last row of switches & displays in a GT/22. Scanning for which boards are present and which are absent is how the GT figures out which model it is.

That's what I thought, as well. Seemed logical. Also noticed during boot that is does each row indicating a processor for each row.
I wouldn't spend to much time on reproducing the error. Probably a speed or noise issue as a result of a worn out usb port on the computer.

Thanks for the reply,
Dave

Back