MMGT FIRMWARE VERSION 2.3.1 beta 1

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
I've just created a small firmware update with one feature... "Sync Names" which allows you to automatically download preset names from Axe-Fxs and Kempers. This is just a more convenient way to download names than the "Get Preset Names" option that was previously available. To enable it, all you have to do is go into Edit Devices, select your Axe-Fx or KPA device, and turn on Sync Names.

Some specifics for each device:

Axe-Fx:
The Axe-Fx only sends preset names for the currently selected preset, so the names will only update when you select each preset on the GT. So, when you start the GT up after installing this update (and turning on Sync Names), preset 1's name will update to match what's on the Axe-Fx. The other presets will not update their names until you select preset 2, preset 3, etc.

Kemper (Browse Mode):
The Kemper Browse Mode support works exactly like the Axe-Fx above.

Kemper (Performance Mode):
Performance mode updates one performance (aka bank) at a time. As you press bank up and bank down, the five presets in each performance will have their names updated.

Once you've enabled this and downloaded your preset names, you probably should read your settings into the editor to preserve those newly downloaded preset names.

Please test this and let me know if there are any issues!

NOTE: We don't have a corresponding editor version yet, so you'll have to turn on Sync Names on the GT itself. If you read your settings into the editor, the editor will keep your "Sync Names" setting even though it won't yet allow you to edit it.

UPDATE 3/24/2015:
Version 2.3.1 beta 2 fixes some issues that the previous version had with external buttons and global buttons when not on page 1. It also improves performance mode support for the KPA.

Download: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT231B2.zip

No, man, I traveled back in time to release it. It's the only way I can keep up with user requests. :)

Thanks for the catch!

Back