MMGT phantom power box query

Mjb234

Hi all,

Just a quick question about the phantom power box for a RJM mmgt16, does the box still combine midi in & out ports when there is no power?

Ie. Could I power the controller directly with the power input but still have bidirectional midi if I have the phantom power box in the back of my rack unpowered?

Cheers!

Mike

Hi all, Just a quick question about the phantom power box for a RJM mmgt16, does the box still combine midi in & out ports when there is no power? Ie. Could I power the controller directly with the power input but still have bidirectional midi if I have the phantom power box in the back of my rack unpowered? Cheers! Mike

Yes, for sure. Even though it's called a phantom power box, you can use it without the phantom power feature and just use it as a bidirectional splitter / combiner. It doesn't need power to perform that function.

Hi all,

Just a quick question about the phantom power box for a RJM mmgt16, does the box still combine midi in & out ports when there is no power?

Ie. Could I power the controller directly with the power input but still have bidirectional midi if I have the phantom power box in the back of my rack unpowered?

Cheers!

Mike
Can confirm this works. Another thing worthy of consideration: if you are powering the MMGT directly, you could use WiDi (see https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-master/) instead of a cable. It works beautifully, and I've had my controller more than 40 feet from my rack without any issues.

Back