MMGT to the rescue again!

Neill00

I had made a feature request in the bandhelper forum for a remote control action to restart the automation as opposed to “restart current song” which it currently has. The idea behind either or both is that if the band starts a little late or whatever I can just step on a footswitch and restart the scrolling of the lyrics on my ipad so they aren’t going off the screen before I get to them. Not that I read the whole song as I’m singing, just if I draw a blank i can take a quick look. The reason I wanted restart automation vs restart current song is that I didn’t necessarily want to resend all the midi messages etc since they would have been sent when I selected the song in the first place.

The developer advised that he doesn’t have that but “stop/start automation” would do it, I just have to hit the footswitch twice which I didn’t want to have to do. Then I remembered the ”wait“ function in MMGT so now I just programmed the same midi message twice on the footswitch with a short “wait” in between and I have exactly what I was looking for. Love this device!!!

Back