MMGT10 and MMPBC Together - What Level of Integration?

scratch17

Hi. I already own a MMGT10. Use is mostly in studio.

I am now contemplating addition of a MM PBC. I like the possibility of adding loops and buttons to my MMGT.

I have a few integration questions.

1. Will the GT recognize and map PBC functions automatically the way it does with an Effect Gizmo?
  2. If not, is RJM planning this?
  3. Worst case, I assume the PBC loops can be programmed to respond to PC messages from the GT.
  4. Can the PBC buttons be seen by the GT? If so, can the GT editor assign parameters to PBC buttons?
  5. What about the PBC display?
  6. Which editor do you use if you have both units?
  7. Can the buffer on/off on a PBC input be assigned to a button? I'd like to enter loop 5 un-buffered from my Radial JDV output. I may want to use a fuzz that doesn't like to see a buffered input.

Yes, the PBC can be controlled by a GT just like an Effect Gizmo can. The GT can send PCs and CCs to the PBC. CC control is currently limited to the switching functions - loops, buffers, etc. In the 2.0 firmware that I am fervently working on, you will be able to set up individual buttons to be controlled by incoming CCs as well.

Each unit has its own editor and you'll need to use both if you have both products. The PBC display displays the same thing whether it's controlled by a GT or not.

You can control any of the three buffers using PCs or CCs.

Yes, the PBC can be controlled by a GT just like an Effect Gizmo can. The GT can send PCs and CCs to the PBC. CC control is currently limited to the switching functions - loops, buffers, etc. In the 2.0 firmware that I am fervently working on, you will be able to set up individual buttons to be controlled by incoming CCs as well.

Each unit has its own editor and you'll need to use both if you have both products. The PBC display displays the same thing whether it's controlled by a GT or not.

You can control any of the three buffers using PCs or CCs.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will go for it as soon as I sell some other gear.

Back