MMGT16 and 5150 III 50w Head

schrismer

Hey guys,

for some reason... I'm struggling to get my MMGT to control my new 5150 head via MIDI-

MIDI path:

MMGT16 > RJM Power/MIDI Block > Axe Fx XL+ >

Out Axe Fx XL+ > 5150 In

just fyi.... I even tried to just go straight from the MMGT16 to the 5150.... and the "preset" buttons will not control or communicate with the 5150. I know the 5150 MIDI works.... I get my Helix to work with it

any idea or help?

Thanks!!!

The 5150III should work with a basic preset setup. Are you sure your MIDI channels are set correctly?

The 5150III should work with a basic preset setup. Are you sure your MIDI channels are set correctly?

Hey Ron.... Yea.... I ended up getting just going with the "preset per Channel" options.... What I wanted to do is make .... say 3 different IA button each programed for each channel of the 5150 (Clean, Crunch, Lead) and only have basically one preset in the Axe fx and then the MMGT control everything.... so basically 5150 and the Axe fx be slaved to the MMGT....darn if I could get it to work

How should be able to do that. First, using presets on the GT, and the standard 5150III programming procedure, set it up so that preset 1 selects channel 1, preset 2 selects channel 2, preset 3 selects channel 3.

Next set up three IA buttons. One should send pc 1, one should send pc 2, one should send pc 3. All three buttons should be sent to the same group number.

Then, make sure that there are no other midi devices on the same channel. Correct if necessary.

Last, in the gt's device settings, select set all pcs to none. This will disable pcs from being sent based on preset changes on the GT.

That should do it - let me know if you run into any trouble....

How should be able to do that. First, using presets on the GT, and the standard 5150III programming procedure, set it up so that preset 1 selects channel 1, preset 2 selects channel 2, preset 3 selects channel 3.

Next set up three IA buttons. One should send pc 1, one should send pc 2, one should send pc 3. All three buttons should be sent to the same group number.

Then, make sure that there are no other midi devices on the same channel. Correct if necessary.

Last, in the gt's device settings, select set all pcs to none. This will disable pcs from being sent based on preset changes on the GT.

That should do it - let me know if you run into any trouble....

Hey Ron....

The MMGT16 is now locking up (3 times now)... and no longer with "hold" a communication with the 5150 midi

I tried the Helix to talk to the 5150 just to eliminate the head... and it works perfect. I will send you the MMGT setting and a short video either late tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. I hope we can fix this... I have shows all this weekend :)

Back