Mono Pedal Stereo Loops

Mkuebbeler

If I have loops 8, 9 and 10 running stereo pedals with TRS cables, can I effectively run loop 7 with regular TS cables, or do I need something special? I've tried reading the stereo setupalks about specific cables, but i got a little lost.

You need a TRS plug with the tip and ring wired to each other on the PBC side. a normal TS plug will work at the effect. Otherwise you'll only get signal sent through one side of the stereo channel. This is because when you run loops 7-10 in stereo, the PBC looks for two audio channels coming from the tip and ring portions of the plug. If you use a TS cable, the PBC will see ground instead of signal, and will have nothing to send on.

From the FAQ, if the Pedal has a mono input and a mono output (which I believe your describing for say loop 7), the two cables you need will be setup as followed:

Cable 1: You need to use a "ring disconnect"cable for the mono input side of the pedal to Loops Send end. Per Ron's definition, a "ring disconnect" cable has a TS plug on the pedal input and a TRS plug on the Loop Send end. To be clear, the RING of the TRS plug is NOT used.

Cable 2: The pedal's mono output to PBC Loop Return you can create per PianoMan's discussion.

Back