More whackiness. . . .

toasterdude

OK. . .sorry to bombard but I was knee deep in this stuff the last two days and want to post while memory is less fuzzy. Hopefully I get more time today and tomorrow to investigate and trouble shoot.

I have two devices that don't seem to want to correctly respond to PC from GT?

Echolution 2 and switchblade GL. Both behave differently however.

The echolution will never respond when I am in edit preset mode. I go into the E2 device and changing PC number up and down, does nothing to echolution. In fact no matter what I do on GT the E2 only ever toggles between two presets. I can change between any random presets and the E2 will always just switch to whichever of the two presets was not active. I updated FW on the E2 as they supposedly had a bug with midi.

Memory is fuzzy but I could swear when I hooked the E2 up directly to a helix I was able to get PC commands to work after updating FW on the E2. I will try and test that way again to eliminate the E2 as the source of the problem. I have 2 E2s but only use one. I canswap them out and both react the very same way. Same two presets. No messing with bank commands at all. Should I be?

While typing this I figured what the switchblade issue was. I think the SB and GT are both on midi chan 1, so if I use the GT directly all works well, but if I am triggering PC changes on GT from Maschine. . ..the GL changes to the matching preset number. Duh! I will change the GT rx channel and see if that fixes it. 95% sure it will.

The echolution however has me stumped.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I recommend swapping in another pedal in place of the Echolution temporarily to see if the other pedal responds correctly (make sure it's set to the same channel as the Echolution)

Back