Multi FX/Channel switching presests

samsam

Hi there,

I'm considering buying the amp gizmo and either a G Major 2 or a G system to streamline my setup and get rid of my tap dancing routines. My question is primarily regarding the G major unit. I know that it is possible to program the G system as a midi footswitch and then use it to control both the amp and FX repests at the same time.Hover i'm not sure if this is possible using the G Major 2. All I want is to have my amp channel selection linked to the FX patch of the G Major 2 so they switch together. I'm currently using a Fryette (VHT) Pitbull UL and would ideally like all five of the footswitch buttons reasigned on the midi board.

Also if the G Major can do this with the amp gizmo , would the standard Behringer FCB1010 footswitcher be ok for this task and will the Amp Gizmo power it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

the behringer footswitch will be programmable to do exactly what you want , its just a midi footcontroller and can be set up do what you want. Not the easiest unit to program, but there is free software available to make programming it easier.

from memory the behringer unit is similar to the Roland FC 300 that I use in that it uses 9v dc power supply, it is possible to modify the unit to phantom power it through the unused midi terminals but it needs 9vdc

sorry dont know much about g major operation so cant comment on whether it will control everything you want without reading the manual

For some unknown reason, the Behringer FCB1010 runs off mains voltage (110 / 240V) so you can't phantom power it. It's not at all logical to program either. I'd personally recommend anything else in the world over anything manufactured by Behringer, although the FCB does seem to be one of their least bad products.

The G-Major 2 will work fine for your needs - you'd just assign it to a different MIDI channel than the Amp Gizmo and select presets on them both from the foot controller.

Attachments

• Main Setup Version 2.0 June 5 2014.rjs
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Back